Internet in Limòn?

stretch

Aug 25, 2005
I have friends that are thinking of moving to Limòn (between Las Terrenas and Samaná). Does anyone know if high-speed internet has arrived there yet? They would need stable internet, not just a USB-type Orange internet. 

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Silkglobal sucks,there is one that is ok with office in Las Terrenas in mall directly across from  Pola enterance;on second floor.do not remember name.
Bob

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
No

Outside of the Big 3, SD-STI-PC, doesnt the rest of the island have **** internet?

No,you are talking about el Limón which has nothing but Colmado’s ;cascades and no more.
I have liveried here for 15 years but have a house in SD where I go every month or so to survive.
Bob

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I have friends that are thinking of moving to Limòn (between Las Terrenas and Samaná). Does anyone know if high-speed internet has arrived there yet? They would need stable internet, not just a USB-type Orange internet. 

Where in Limon? There are some beautiful spots out that way but I would be more worried about security?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

I have a friend who bought an Orange wifi modem. It is portable and has very very fast speeds. In Samana he gets a great signal from the cell towers. The speed is dependent upon your location to a cell tower. I do not know if Orange provides a good signal in El Limon. I would recommend borrowing one of these units and trying it at your specific location.