Punta cana airport to capital?

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hi everyone
Wanted to know what is the best way to get to the capital from punta cana airport? I don't want to rent a car if possible and how much more or less. Caribe tour or public transport?
Thank you.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Actually the Express Bus from SD stops at PC airport on the way to Fruisa. But I don't think they would let him on it. But it would be easy to take a cab to Fruisa where the Parada for Express Bavaro leaves from.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well....he needs to go from the airport of Punta Cana to Santo Domingo...

You need to go to Veron first (parada Espreso Bavaro) from the airport, best thing is to take a cab.

True - I misread the OP. There are guaguas from outside the airport that go to Cruce de Verón but a taxi is the better option.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
True - I misread the OP. There are guaguas from outside the airport that go to Cruce de Verón but a taxi is the better option.

So how much is that cab going to cost? From STI to Puerto Plata it is $90.00 USD. Is the run you are making any shorter or less costly? Yes I am aware that some visitors to the island have unlimited money, but maybe this person doesn't.
Der Fish

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Best strategy ?

Best strategy: A taxi from PUJ to Veron will cost about US $20, travel time 20 - 30 min. Taxi drivers or their agents flood the terminal arrival street door. Bavaro Express from Veron to Santo Domingo is about a three hour trip and cost is about RD $400. Departure times are 7 AM, 9 AM, 11 AM, ! PM, 3 PM, and 4 PM. You need to arrive at the station at minimum 1/2 hour before departure. large baggage is checked underneath coach. The final stop in Santo Domingo is at Calle Juan Sánchez Ramírez at the corner of Av Máximo Gómez.

Maximo Gomez is a major city thoroughfare. You are in easy reach to taxis, local buses (no large baggage storage), and the Metro subway.

If your PUJ flight lands 1:30 PM or later it will be a real stretch to reach Veron in time to access a coach. Have a backup plan.

If the folks know where you are going beyond the Santo Domingo bus terminal there could be more suggestions to follow from posters to assist you.

Welcome to the DR.

Regards,

PJT