Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Here ! Need Advice

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Here ! Need Advice

Hello DR1 Fam!

I'm a Tex's girl that will be visiting Puerto Plata in Jan but wanted to get a head start on the planning. We mistakinglt booked our Flint to fly into Santiago ­čś│ And would like info on the following┬á

: should we travel to Puerto Plata at night? Our flight lands after midnight in Santiago 

: should we rent a car or get an Uber r other means of public transportation 

: if we stay in Santiago, what's a good clean up to date Hotel to stay for a night?

:We will be staying at Infiniti Blu (any advice for us regarding this place)?

Thanks for all the help guys hopefully things will go snooothly for us being that we booked the wrong airport ­čśé┬á

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you reschedule your flight?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does your carrier offer flights to POP?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately The airline only flys to Santiago 

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of good hotels in Santiago, I would just hire a professional taxi. It's gonna be around 100 dollars and take about an hour and a half. Grab a beer for the ride and chillax.

6. Likes Ecoman1949, sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take the bait.
    1. Don't travel at night.
    2. Don't rent a car.
    3. Don't use Uber.
    4. Yes, stay in Santiago that 1st night, because, see #1. Somebody here will be able to recommend a good place to stay in la Segunda Capital (Santiago).
    5. Somebody here, can recommend public transport or a taxi company which can take you from Santiago to Infiniti Blu.
    6. Mistakes and accidents happen, but be careful here on out, because you're traveling to a foreign country. You need to be on point with things. Even the small, annoying things.
    7. Be careful.
    8. Have fun.
    9. Stay safe.

8. Likes retiree liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of good hotels in Santiago, I would just hire a professional taxi. It's gonna be around 100 dollars and take about an hour and a half. Grab a beer for the ride and chillax.

10. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Via Emilia a few times when I had a late flight. It's a small guest house. Very clean, nice owner. The room rate includes breakfast, and the owner can arrange for a taxi for you either to Puerto Plata, or to the bus station, which is about 10 minutes away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to do that run quite a bit. I'd charge $60 or so for the 60 mile trip no matter what hour of the day or night. But i am no longer in the country. My recommendation is to take a taxi to the nearest Cabana. Which will cost you 600 pesos to get there. They are mostly for illicit sexual encounters, but for about 500 pesos for 4 hour you can stay until morning. Arrange for the taxi to pick you up 4 hours later when the buses are running and have him take you to the closest of the two Caribe Tours bus stations. Your hotel should have free service to pick you up from the Puerto Plata Caribe Tours bus station.
    Der Fish

13. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

Quote Originally Posted by southern View Post

Great advice! Thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast