Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Here ! Need Advice

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I used to do that run quite a bit. I'd charge $60 or so for the 60 mile trip no matter what hour of the day or night. But i am no longer in the country. My recommendation is to take a taxi to the nearest Cabana. Which will cost you 600 pesos to get there. They are mostly for illicit sexual encounters, but for about 500 pesos for 4 hour you can stay until morning. Arrange for the taxi to pick you up 4 hours later when the buses are running and have him take you to the closest of the two Caribe Tours bus stations. Your hotel should have free service to pick you up from the Puerto Plata Caribe Tours bus station.
    Der Fish
    Illicit?

2. Likes joe liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Illicit

adjective
    forbidden by law, rules, or custom
    "illicit drugs"

synonyms: illegal, unlawful, illegitimate

ha...ha.......don't go to that Cabana.

4. Likes sanpedrogringo, jd426 liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I just have to shake my head. No words are possible.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about that guys and post lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    I'll take the bait.
    1. Don't travel at night.
    2. Don't rent a car.
    3. Don't use Uber.
    4. Yes, stay in Santiago that 1st night, because, see #1. Somebody here will be able to recommend a good place to stay in la Segunda Capital (Santiago).
    5. Somebody here, can recommend public transport or a taxi company which can take you from Santiago to Infiniti Blu.
    6. Mistakes and accidents happen, but be careful here on out, because you're traveling to a foreign country. You need to be on point with things. Even the small, annoying things.
    7. Be careful.
    8. Have fun.
    9. Stay safe.
    ...whats the problem with uber, ? live in Santiago use them all the time...half the price. mostly better cars....more beer stops.... easy morning drive to puerto plata... you will be on the beach before lunch... done that trip many times... from middle of Santiago to your hotel, using uber a little less than $50 US.......Doc......

9. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...whats the problem with uber, ? live in Santiago use them all the time...half the price. mostly better cars....more beer stops.... easy morning drive to puerto plata... you will be on the beach before lunch... done that trip many times... from middle of Santiago to your hotel, using uber a little less than $50 US.......Doc......
    Maybe it's not a problem with Uber but with the time that this person will be arriving. I wouldn't take or recommend Uber after sundown in a foreign country either if it was my first time visiting.

11. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Maybe it's not a problem with Uber but with the time that this person will be arriving. I wouldn't take or recommend Uber after sundown in a foreign country either if it was my first time visiting.
    ...yes you are right...after dark maybe a small problem....I was talking about next morning on drive to puerto plata.... Doc.....

13. Likes sanpedrogringo, cbmitch9 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...yes you are right...after dark maybe a small problem....I was talking about next morning on drive to puerto plata.... Doc.....
    Thanks folks we will get a bed n breakfast till the next morning then take an Uber to Puerto Plata latter in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Noted in your original post,your destination is Infiniti Blue which is in Sosua not Puerto Plata. When agreeing on the price of a taxi ride its important to give the correct destination to avoid overcharge. Safe travels.

16. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    cbmitch9 describes my reasoning here.

18. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast