A good place to buy specialty batteries near Sosua?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I need to replace a 3V lithium CR-2 battery - short & stubby. Has anyone bought one of these, seen one of these or have any idea where one would start looking for one of these?

IMG_20170619_200015.jpg

Thanks.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Lithium batteries cause all sorts of kerfuffle with couriers and airlines these days. EPS is notorious for seeing a battery and putting the breaks on. The last time I had a gizmo shipped to me that contained a battery, I had to supply MSDS info, and point out from several sources that the neither the device nor the battery is considered a dangerous good. Still took about six weeks to work it out.

This battery has to be available somewhere on the island, it's just a question of finding where. Must be available in SD, Santiago and probably POP. If I can't find one locally, then I'll widen the search even if I have to pay someone to toss it on the bus. The battery powers an alarm sensor.

Possibly a camera store or an electronics place.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Go and see the guy in the cellular business on PC. His store is in the plaza some 100 yards past Banco Santo Cruz in Sosua. He carries most brands and sizes, along with having some very good contacts in Santiago if needed.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
In Sosua,turn at the traffic lights on Dr Rosen.There is a camera/photo shop just on the right side after the turn before Midtown that stocks many sorts of batteries.Just check the date is not too expired.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Found one. They appear to be available in just about any camera store and elsewhere in Sosua. Pricing better in some places than others, name brands not as easy to locate but decent quality knock offs can be had if one takes the time to find something at least recognizable.

Thx everyone.

townsend

Dec 22, 2016
I have a nikon d-3100. I lost the charger and need on right away but don't have time to get another one from America any one have a idea where I can get one now!