paso rapido

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
what do you need to bring with you in order to buy the automatic pass....I would like to do it in one trip
thanks in advance
irishpaddy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not an answer totally but the pass doesn't work on the new toll road to Nagua...
just Las Americas === last time I checked.

Buster.... it's the auto pay system for toll booths

You will certainly need the bank account and vehicle information if it's anything like the US E-Z Pass

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Walk into a place that sells them. There's a list on the website. I bought mine at gas station just outside the SDQ airport.
No ID required as I recall. Paid the money for the pass, had them add 1000 pesos to it and walked out.

Inside the package is a sticker you put above your rear view mirror and instructions on exactly how to place it.

There's a card (like credit card) that you can use to recharge at a sales location, or recharge online (when the website is working).

Keep the package it came in. If I recall correctly your initial password to log in to website is on the envelope.

Works like a charm when passing thru rapidpass lanes

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Walk into a place that sells them. There's a list on the website. I bought mine at gas station just outside the SDQ airport.
No ID required as I recall. Paid the money for the pass, had them add 1000 pesos to it and walked out.

Inside the package is a sticker you put above your rear view mirror and instructions on exactly how to place it.
just an update ...walk into a place that sells them.....the website names numerous places to purchase the pass....I trien numerous places ..."no hay"....and most of the rest had no idea what I was talking about.....but in the end I went to the Texaco gas station outside the airport and was able to buy it there successfully.....no id or anything but cash needed to purchase
There's a card (like credit card) that you can use to recharge at a sales location, or recharge online (when the website is working).

Keep the package it came in. If I recall correctly your initial password to log in to website is on the envelope.

Works like a charm when passing thru rapidpass lanes

was able to purchase it at the same gas station.....tried numerous other places ....." no hay"...was the norm and other places had no idea what I was talking about

Last edited by a moderator:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
was able to purchase it at the same gas station.....tried numerous other places ....." no hay"...was the norm and other places had no idea what I was talking about

Hope it works well for you.

Note that when you go through a peaje, the light normally turns from red to green as the gate lifts. If it turns yellow, it is an indication you are low on funds in your account. The exact amount remaining I'm not certain.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hope it works well for you.

Note that when you go through a peaje, the light normally turns from red to green as the gate lifts. If it turns yellow, it is an indication you are low on funds in your account. The exact amount remaining I'm not certain.

Can it be set to suck another dose of money out of your bank account automatically like i Always did for the Florida turnpike?
Der Fish