Carro Publico , price and front seat

ebergg

Feb 8, 2016
Hello , i'll be in Sosua for 3 weeks in July . I'm having dental work done in Sosua but need to go to Puerto Plata for panoramic head xrays .
I plan on using carro publico to get there and hope to pay the extra and get the front seat as i am a big man and have been sandwiched in the back seats with 4 others before.
Anybody know what the going rates are?
I speak Spanish but don't want to look like a rookie when it comes to carro publico.
Thanks in advance.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello , i'll be in Sosua for 3 weeks in July . I'm having dental work done in Sosua but need to go to Puerto Plata for panoramic head xrays .
I plan on using carro publico to get there and hope to pay the extra and get the front seat as i am a big man and have been sandwiched in the back seats with 4 others before.
Anybody know what the going rates are?
I speak Spanish but don't want to look like a rookie when it comes to carro publico.
Thanks in advance.

100 pesos, and you ride alone..

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
In case you weren't aware, getting the front seat will be easier if you pick it up at the terminal, on the highway, in there beside big Playero and Police Station.

(I'm assuming that's still where it is.)

wbr

bellakins

May 31, 2008
You can get good panoramic X-rays in Sosua. I am trying to remember the name of this special business in a white plaza on the
Main road, south side of Rt.5 near the public carro terminus. I will try to get the name and number.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You can get good panoramic X-rays in Sosua. I am trying to remember the name of this special business in a white plaza on the
Main road, south side of Rt.5 near the public carro terminus. I will try to get the name and number.

plaza mazur. there is an office of doctor monica garcia (i think?) there.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
For just a little bit more, you can negotiate the entire car.

i got onto a small bus by the hospital , one day, headed to Sosua. the bus was filled, except for the front seat, which had just one elderly man sitting there. this low class chopo opened the door, and bellowed to the old man..muevete, viejo. everyone was taken aback by the disrespect, but the old timer kept his cool. he simply turned to the driver and told him he was paying for the entire front seat. chopo had to turn tail and wait for the next bus...

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua

Plaza Valentina, ground floor.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I find the front seat is usually occupied by the girlfriend...
Not for sale

At the station or what ever it is called there are normally a string of 4 or more cars sitting there awaiting victims. If the first one has someone ya in that position go to the next one and don't pay more than doble the price of one seat whatever that price is.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
At the station or what ever it is called there are normally a string of 4 or more cars sitting there awaiting victims. If the first one has someone ya in that position go to the next one and don't pay more than doble the price of one seat whatever that price is.

Derfish, your book..please.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Who would choose a carro publico if they wanted the entire car? There are plenty of air conditioned actual taxis if one wants the entire car.
Because the entire publico car will cost you 500 pesos,try to find a private taxi for even double that price,you won't. The reason the publico will do it for so much less is that he is guaranteed a fare back.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Because the entire publico car will cost you 500 pesos,try to find a private taxi for even double that price,you won't. The reason the publico will do it for so much less is that he is guaranteed a fare back.

But no air.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
50 pesos per person, normally 2 persons on the front seat makes 2x50= 100 pesos. 
(For the entire car 6x50= 300 pesos, I normally give them 400)
Tecni-taxi from Pop to Sosua asks 900 pesos.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Correct, Imagdent is the name. 600 rd for a panoramic. 809-571-3727

Yep, that's the place - located in Plaza Valetina. Wife just had a panoramic x-ray done there last week. 600 pesos. In and out in 15 minutes with x-ray in hand.

ebergg

Feb 8, 2016
This is great info , i don't know why she's having me go to this place in POP , maybe she has an arrangement with them.
I'll call Imagdent tomorrow.