Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW DRIVING REGULATIONS

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It is doubtful whether or not Las 63-17 will go into effect. They still lack regulations, some 44 of them, and they have not implemented the vast public education program that is part and parcel of the law.

The requirements as I have "heard" are fire extinguisher, triangle and first aid kit.

in the old Law 241 you were required to have a needle and thread (and, I suppose, the ability to sew up anyone injured in an accident.) But those were the old days.. There are fire extinguisher companies that can provide one or there is Amazon. Triangles were once required (another ploy to help a close friend of the government) but that has been ignored for a long time. Can't say it is not a good thing to have them.

The comment about robbing the dead and injured is as true as it is gruesome. True vultures. Oh well, you can always fly home, I suppose. Unless this is home???

HB, somewhat of a curmudgeon.
    The next newbie that comes along asking for ideas about what kind of business to start in the DR we can advise first aid kits, triangles and fire extinguishers.
    De Fish

2. Likes irishpaddy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    No fire extinguisher? That should be o the list if you ask me.
    Der Fish
    How about a valid license?

4. Likes sanpedrogringo, Billp liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

The smaller chemical extinguishers that are likely to be purchased and kept in a passenger vehicle are usually too small to be very effective. By the time you get to aiming at the correct spot, they are all but expended. Something is better than nothing but not too may electrical or fuel fires will be extinguished with these.

Triangles are a great idea and a benefit for those of us with headlights that work provided the motorist is prepared to walk at least 300 feet behind their car to place them properly so that oncoming traffic has sufficient time to react. A first aid kit assumes that there is someone present who knows what the various stuff is for and how to use it. That might be a big leap of faith in this country initially - here is another course idea for DRSix.

The triangle, first aid kit, vest and an extinguisher have the potential to be of value in a minor accident but so much more needs to be done to curb the slaughter on the roads that this equipment is but a feel good bandaid for a situation where most do not feel inclined to stop and help, have no practical skills to render much assistance apart from throwing someone in the back of a pickup truck and I am afraid will be of little value beyond becoming another reason for a roadside cash collection effort.

Getting the clunkers off the road, enforcing speed limits, no passing zones, ensuring that vehicles are in good running order and most drivers observe the general rules of the road can accomplish so much more than this this newest initiative.   

6. Likes windeguy, irishpaddy liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    How about a valid license?
    Why?
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?
    Der Fish
    Better question fish is why not! I believe all drivers should have a valid license, rather that most here finding at the bottom off the corn flke box. If they had the slightest idea of road rules would be a big help.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Better question fish is why not! I believe all drivers should have a valid license, rather that most here finding at the bottom off the corn flke box. If they had the slightest idea of road rules would be a big help.
    In my case and this has been hashed back and forth ad nauseum, my legal privilege to drive perspired when my so called tourist card did, and left me without a legal license. Nor when I got stopped for speeding it never seemed to matter to the kid dressed up in the uniform that I was not legally driving.
    Der Fish

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case and this has been hashed back and forth ad nauseum, my legal privilege to drive perspired when my so called tourist card did, and left me without a legal license. Nor when I got stopped for speeding it never seemed to matter to the kid dressed up in the uniform that I was not legally driving.
    Der Fish
    well lucky you.
    Maybe the next time the kid, will you never know.
    Conducir sin portar licencia Ley 241 art. 29 1,000.00
    Conducir con licencia vencida Ley 241 art. 40 1,000.00

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Could we dare ask to enforce the left lane as the "fast lane" on the highways!!! Jalopy's that will never go over the speed of 25km/hr can stay in the right lane or shoulder.

or maybe an IQ test when applying for a license.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

How about just limiting drivers to 6 el presidentes instead of no limits at all, and no stopping on the main road with the door open to pee pee

13. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Der Fish
    How often do your legal privileges sweat?

15. Likes rubio_higuey, ROLLOUT, Hector L liked this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast