QUARK (cream cheese)

james

Jan 14, 2002
If anyone sees QUARK (type of cream cheese) in the next few days to a week in any supermarket etc it would be very appreciated if you let me know. It is usually along side Cottage Cheese in the coolers. Places like the PLAYERO in Sosua usually have it but have not for over a week and do not know when thay are to receive a new supply. I checked a few places today in POP but they had none either.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Hi William, thanks but I am aware of much of that BUT I NEED to know if someone has seen it today or within a few days somewhere from POP to Cabarete. I always buy it at Playero but none there for over a week and stock boys don't know when next delivery coming.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
In Playero you need to ask the woman behind the glass window nearby the check out. she could provide you a more detailed answer. I use that Quark for German Cheese cake.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
In Playero, fill out a request slip at the turnstile as you enter. I find they are very responsive to suggestions for products and out of stock items.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
If anyone sees QUARK (type of cream cheese) in the next few days to a week in any supermarket etc it would be very appreciated if you let me know. It is usually along side Cottage Cheese in the coolers. Places like the PLAYERO in Sosua usually have it but have not for over a week and do not know when thay are to receive a new supply. I checked a few places today in POP but they had none either.

hiiii,

well i always use quark for a particular dish in my restaurant and buy it from sirena (pola) and iberia and today the guy in charge of milk products informed me that they stopped making quark, brand is Elite and comes in navy blue, white, pack. Unfortunately it has been delayed more than normal and could be they stopped making it.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Thanks Kittu, Thats what I am afraid of that maybe they have stopped making it as I had checked Pola and La Sirena in POP as well.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Regards to the online store "Tiendo" I sent a ltter to ask them several questions and received this reply from them.

"Good morning, Mr. Jim,
At the moment, home delivery is only available in several areas of Santo Domingo. More sectors will be added later, but so far only available to Santo Domingo.
Wanda Diaz,
Tiendo"

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
that German Quark ELITE Brand has not been in Santiago for more than 4 weeks. 
Hopefully they only have sommer holiday but I am afraid they dont make it anymore

james

Jan 14, 2002
Now a month and more and still NO cottage cheese of any type... No fat, low fat, or 4% fat) or QUARK in Sosua or Puerto Plata and seems anyone working in Playero (both locations) or La Serena, Polo or elsewhere has any idea or care why but only say they guess the places that ship these items to them are out of them.

Please if anyone in Sosua, POP, Cabarete or even Santo Domingo sees any or these please let me know...it is important. Thank you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Have you tried Bravo or National in STI?

I have seen and bought cottage cheese in Playero but it may be seasonal to tourist times 

james

Jan 14, 2002
Hi William,
I would go there (Its a long drive from here) IF I knew that they had it. I will try and find the number to call them tomorrow.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nacional, the new one on Duarte was sold out.
But it had shelf space .... marked shelf space.

Food Club brand 2%.....
Maybe other stores have it.... in STI.

Bravo had nothing