Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copa Panama city to Santiago DR, Copa

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Copa Panama city to Santiago DR, Copa

I think only Copa flies to Santiago.

Need to visit Panama for about two weeks this coming winter, either before or after two months in the DR.

Is it better to visit Panama in late December or March?

Any advice on flying or buying tickets one way on Copa?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there late December and all the Christmas decoration was still up...it was magical! Depends on your agenda...if you must go there because of business i would decide for March, because in late December you won't get anything done. Copa tickets are really cheap if you buy them in advance but when the planned date arrives they really increase the price. I would buy return ticket.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there last October, raining season so December or March will be fine, and Yes only copa has flights to Panama 5 days a week only.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    I think only Copa flies to Santiago.

Need to visit Panama for about two weeks this coming winter, either before or after two months in the DR.

Is it better to visit Panama in late December or March?

Any advice on flying or buying tickets one way on Copa?
    Most countries do not allow people who do not have residency to arrive on a one way ticket. Copa is a wonderful airline and doesn't charge extra for normal stuff. They are old fashioned that way.
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Best to buy with Copa online ...they fly out of Santiago and Punta Cana and Santo Domingo...I agree that they are great airline. Best time to travel is when less busy which is probably March depending where Easter is that year

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice. Do they check for round trip ticket when entering Panama or only when leaving usa or DR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They do check when entering Panama but more likely is that you will NOT be permitted to board the plane without a return ticket .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling333 View Post
    They do check when entering Panama but more likely is that you will NOT be permitted to board the plane without a return ticket .
    ....was there last September, flew from STI. to panama, both airports very easy....dont remember if they checked for return ticket, I think no, buy one, round trip anyway... Copa is great airline, friendly attendants , carts off food ,beverages, all free, all you want........Doc......

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Food and drinks are not free, they are part of the cost of ticket. Copa is good but quite expensive. Just compare PUJ to BOG on Copa and on Wingo, where Wingo is LCC arm of Copa (formerly Copa Colombia).

Plus you should always buy RT ticket on Copa as one ways are way too expensive compared to RT. On Wingo you can buy OW with no issues as pricing is based on one ways.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling333 View Post

If you are Dominican for sure they will ask you,  hahah Im Dominican and they also asked me for  hotel reservation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast