Travel from DR to Cayman Islands or St. Johns, US Virgin Islands

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hello All. Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!

I have friends in the Cayman Islands and in St Johns US Virgin Islands and I would like to visit them. Any ideas on how to do it without going through Miami? It seems to make the trip so long and so expensive. No island hoppers or routing charter-type flights? Suggestions welcome!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Hello All. Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!

I have friends in the Cayman Islands and in St Johns US Virgin Islands and I would like to visit them. Any ideas on how to do it without going through Miami? It seems to make the trip so long and so expensive. No island hoppers or routing charter-type flights? Suggestions welcome!

For Cayman it is best to go via Miami but you do not want to, so Inter Caribbean do fly to Kingston on some days from SDQ and you may be able to get a connection to Georgetown. Other options would be to pick up a Caribbean Airways flight from a nearby island such as Antigua to Kingston and then Cayman Airlines.

http://intercaribbean.com/wp-conten...ibbean-Airways-PDF-Timetable_July-03-2017.pdf

For St Johns, it would have to be to San Juan, PR and onwards on one of the smaller airlines such as Cape Air and Seaborne.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I am not sure if PR has direct flights to Cayman Islands but to get to St. John, you have the option of Cape Air, Seaborne, or JetBlue to STT and then a ferry to St. John.