NYPD officer ‘assassinated’ while sitting in a marked police vehicle

Sep 4, 2012
"A New York City police officer was shot and killed in an “unprovoked attack” as she was sitting in a marked police vehicle early Wednesday in the Bronx, authorities said.

Officer Miosotis Familia was inside the large vehicle — known as a mobile command post — with her partner at 12:30 a.m. when a gunman fired through a window and struck Familia in the head, police said. The city’s police commissioner called the shooting an assassination.

Familia, a 12-year NYPD veteran, was taken to a hospital in extremely critical condition, police said. Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill announced on Twitter several hours later that Familia had died. Familia’s partner was not wounded in the attack.

“Based on what we know right now, this was an unprovoked attack against police officers who work to keep this great city safe,” O’Neill said at a news conference early Wednesday."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...le-sitting-in-a-police-vehicle-officials-say/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-shot-bronx-suspect-custody-article-1.3301718

Now read up on the alleged assailant background:

Bonds’ criminal rap sheet includes a 2001 assault on a police officer with brass knuckles, a source said. He was arrested five other times, including drug possession and drug sales, sources said.

He was paroled in 2013 after serving seven years for a robbery in the Syracuse area, according to state records. Bonds, who the source said boasts up to six different aliases, recently spoke critically of law enforcement on Facebook. He said police in Oakland, Calif., were wrong to stop a child riding a bicycle.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What makes this a legal post on these forums is that Familia was undoubted of Dominican origin if not born. One of the good Dominicans that have immigrated and integrated into the culture of New York. In the best way. God rest her soul.

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes. She was a friend of a former poster in this forum. Sad and senseless loss of someone who served her community.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sad but from what I'm seeing it appears people up there are really
getting off on the police now a days. Times are indeed a changing :cheeky:

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
That is truly a sad story and a sad day for NYPD. Glad her fellow officers gave that scum bag the sentence he deserved.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What makes this a legal post on these forums is that Familia was undoubted of Dominican origin if not born. One of the good Dominicans that have immigrated and integrated into the culture of New York. In the best way. God rest her soul.

HB

She was also a nurse and had worked for the Red Cross in the past. So sad for her family and friends. :cry:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Sad day when someone chooses to take the life of anyone, especially an innocent person. But instead, some posters decide to focus on race, politics, and guns. Sad day all around. May the officer's family find peace and comfort in their time of mourning.

Sep 4, 2012
Deleted. Race not allowed

I missed it but not to worry, he'll do it again, it has been proven this is the way he see things; black and white with so much bitterness, just awful- very sad. When I posted this didn't know the officer was from Dominican roots. Sad day for NYPD, the city and its Dominicans residents.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
This is very sad. Its been tough in the Bronx lately for police. This is just as tragic as the senseless death of the poor EMS medic. My deepest sympathy for the family, this has to be really awful right now.
If you could see what is being done with the NYPD and 3/4 disability availability, you would understand how NYC is undervaluing these new officers. And when you see the risks are not only death or serious debilitating injury. But also civil liability for incidents that are deemed "We Failed" and under the bus the officer goes for political pandering.
Oh Rest In Peace Officer.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What happened to Gorgon? Why is he Banned while other crazy people on here rant out of control?

Can someone here Pm me his email or TLF number, please. Thanks!

Frank

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What happened to Gorgon? Why is he Banned while other crazy people on here rant out of control?

Can someone here Pm me his email or TLF number, please. Thanks!

Frank

The thread was moved from OT to Dominicans abroad where race, religion etc. or anything not DR related is allowed because it's a regular Dominican forum. Sorry I can't help you with the rest.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Post Deleted. Infraction given.

P.S. jd426: This is the Dominicans Abroad Forum, not OT

Last edited by a moderator: