Blue blood in the DR...

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Cuenta el parte policial que la vivienda que fue robada por los delincuentes es propiedad del germano Heinz Jürgen Andrés Freiherr Von Reitzenstein, quien al tratar de hacerle frente a los tres antisociales, uno de ellos le ocasionó una herida de bala con orificio de entrada y salida en el pie izquierdo, situación que fue aprovechada para sustraerle dos computadoras Laptop, dos anillos de matrimonio y la suma de 10 mil pesos en efectivo.

El alemán Heinz Jürgen Von Reitzenstein fue atendido y curado por los agentes policiales ya que el mismo no se presento a ningún centro de salud, mientras que el sargento Carlos Manuel Mejía de la Unidad Procesamiento de la Escena del Crimen, procedió a tomar varias fotografías del lugar y colecto un casquillo de bala disparado calibre 9 milímetros.

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/apresa...ranjero-y-roban-en-su-residencia-de-cabarete/

Obviously they don't know what a freiherr is :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They often publish Brits' surnames as "BRITISH CITIZEN" because of the way it is set out in the passport:

[SURNAME]

[FIRST NAMES]

BRITISH CITIZEN

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know that. I was speculating that the error may have been based on the same misunderstanding, by copying the information off a document.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
There is No error, they just don't know what a freiherr is, if they copied it from his passport or cedula it is correct but they don't know what it means, that was the point I was making.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Doesn't it just mean freeman?  In colonial America it meant you owned your land and could participate in government and church affairs. 

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
There is No error, they just don't know what a freiherr is, if they copied it from his passport or cedula it is correct but they don't know what it means, that was the point I was making.

I doubt that many DR's speak German. Specifically a national policeman. So I don't see why it matter that they do not know what it meant or that they wrote his title as part of his name.