Non-Profits/Charities

TXgirl2017

May 8, 2017
I just moved to Puerto Plata and I am looking for any non-profit organizations or charities here local I could volunteer with. I would be intertested in animal organizations, orphanages, or anything similar. I know there are several in the Sosua-Cabarete area, however I would like to stay as close to Puerto Plata as possible.

macdiver265

May 6, 2017
Hi TXgirl2017! I run a local non-profit organization based in Puerto Plata. We work in communities in Puerto Plata, Montellano and La Union. We do all sorts of medical, construction and education projects. Feel free to send me a message and maybe we can have you volunteer with us!

TXgirl2017

May 8, 2017
Hi MacDiver265. I would love to help out! I don't think I have used the site enough to send you a message here. Can you give me an email address? Thanks.

macdiver265

May 6, 2017
Hi TXgirl2017! We would love to have you volunteer with us. You can contact us at We look forward to hearing from you soon! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 26, 2017
charity

It's great to know that you are planning to volunteer with the nonprofit. Recently, I met one of my friends, he has shared a great experience of the voyage humanitiare, where these trips offer a great charity experience where you can offer your support to those who are not so fortunate, which is basically a combination of travel and volunteering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I just moved to Puerto Plata and I am looking for any non-profit organizations or charities here local I could volunteer with. I would be intertested in animal organizations, orphanages, or anything similar. I know there are several in the Sosua-Cabarete area, however I would like to stay as close to Puerto Plata as possible.

You can contact a Lion's Club or a Rotary Club. There's at least one in every province and they cater to a variety of needs.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Strength For The Journey and Lindsey are now doing their work only in Jamao....with great success.

Allymus

Jan 10, 2018
I know this post is from last year, but I want to volunteer for 2 months (May/June) and was wondering if you could tell me more about your charity. Thanks ☺️

Aug 21, 2007
Thank you! Here is our website.

Just so you know, we are in Jamao, a more isolated mountain area. We are about 20 minutes from Cabarete, if you want a beach experience, but you would need to live in the community of Jamao. We can offer housing and depending on the skills you offer, a small stipend.

I see that you are not able to PM. I think you can write me via the website. If not, let me know and I will find a way to communicate with you.

Lindsey

http://www.sftjourney.org