Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten Paradise

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Forgotten Paradise

Article in Diario Libre today:

https://www.diariolibre.com/revista/...e=tiempo-libre

I don't think many of us who have truly enjoyed the peninsula think it is forgotten. Rather it is conveniently not over commercialized.

I do promote the Tree House, zip line and Playa El Valle and would even promote the lovely Playa Moron (for which Google includes a picture or two of Playa Rincon for those lazy weekend article writers to mistake).

Yes the peninsula remains a special largely undiscovered part of DR...but not for all, and especially those seeking home comforts and their style of living.

2. Likes ctrob, jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans are experts in overrating their country due to lack of travel experience. I mean who invented comparing Constanza to  Switzerland ?  They also think the DR beaches are the best in the world...what about Thailand, Indonesia ???
    Samana a paradise, my ...

4. Likes rfp liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Dominicans are experts in overrating their country due to lack of travel experience. I mean who invented comparing Constanza to  Switzerland ?  They also think the DR beaches are the best in the world...what about Thailand, Indonesia ???
    I disagree with you. Yes Thailand and Indonesia have great beaches all overrun by tourists. You can still go to Playa Valle or even parts of Playa Coson and be the only one there. Unless you are on a deserted island this is getting hard to find. Additionally you can be there in 3.5 hours from NE US.

6. Likes reilleyp, DRob liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, we have a two hour flight from Switzerland..as europeans. So I don't think that is an argument, and doesnt make Samana a paradise. Thailand and Indonesia (almost 15.000 islands!!) have a lot a beaches were nobody even has been.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Samana is decades away from being called paradise. It's a sh*t hole in my opinion. You can smell sewage in the air. Just because it's undeveloped does not mean it's paradise.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why you are so angry Fulano. If you prefer Thailand and Indonesia, please post some photos for those of us who have not visited there. Before we decide to visit, can you assure us that we will never detect the smell of fecal matter in neither country?
    Here is a shot a few miles south of Las Galeras. If we are two decades away from development, that is fine with me. I would prefer to be stuck in time.

https://youtu.be/-tC3B4H2b2Y

10. Likes ben jammin liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry me?? only mentioned that dominicans overrate their country, that's all. 

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry me?? only mentioned that dominicans overrate their country, that's all. 
    I read too quickly. The post below yours, I though you wrote that, but it was actually "ExDR". my apologies.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem I thought so.

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    I disagree with you. Yes Thailand and Indonesia have great beaches all overrun by tourists. You can still go to Playa Valle or even parts of Playa Coson and be the only one there. Unless you are on a deserted island this is getting hard to find. Additionally you can be there in 3.5 hours from NE US.
    Exactly. I have a friend who raves about Indonesia, except for the fact it takes 30 hours to get there from the US west coast.

If you live anywhere east of the Rockies in NA, DR is stupid easy to get to. I'm in Atlanta, and I can be on a beach within 4 hours of settling into my seat on the plane. 

Samana is magnificent, and beautiful. Far fewer tourists, particularly on the weekends, and a much more non-commercial feel than Punta Cana. 
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

15. Likes reilleyp, frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast