hillbilly

jo2na

Feb 24, 2002
you are a very very very smart guy/ you are like a walking international information center...ur cool!

danagos

Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly, ur cool!

You are absolutely correct. I would add "a gracious host, fortunate husband & (rightly so) proud grandpa!" (oops, sorry L., you might not want the chicas to know.) ;~)

Dan

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aww, shucks....it weren't nuthin' ..

Jo2na: you have received some excellent advice up on your other post. I think you are really on the right track. Especially being right there in the NYC metropolitan area. There are so many good schools available. And Santo Domingo is not going to go away.

An added advantage, that I can remember from my days in college, back when there were dial phones!!, was that :
Can you even imagine how it would play with your buddies to say: "Hey, you all, come down to my house for Spring Break"?????
Better, more exotic than Florida!!

Do take care...

And Dan & Donna? It was my pleasure but too short a visit..

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My husband and I will have to second that!
HB is the best. He even helped me find an American friend in Japan when we lived there. Now we both have a friend in Japan!Showed us around the current Santiago - my old school - drove in for a picture, my old house, and a few other places of interest.
Can you believe when he was in the store picking up a couple of items, and we were waiting in the car, I remembered dulce de leche? Guess what he came out of the store carrying? You guessed it! Dulce de leche! Somebody's telepathic... He even met us at the bus station on our way out to let us know how I left my car/house keys at Sofy's in Puerto Plata. Must've wanted to stay... What a network!
Thanks HB!