Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Email Jet Blue to Re-Start AZS Flights from NYC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Email Jet Blue to Re-Start AZS Flights from NYC

I'm guessing if enough people inquire about it, they may restart this flight.

Jet Blue flew from JFK to AZS on Saturdays & Wednesdays.

It was a great cheap easy flight to get to LT!! I always thought the flights were fairly booked if not full.

SO please email them here

https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/email/ask/

And tell them to restart flights from NYC Area to AZS.

I miss LT and I don't want to fly into SDQ - I want my AZS Flight

Help a LT Lover out - Gracias

2. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Rhyno View Post
    I'm guessing if enough people inquire about it, they may restart this flight.

Jet Blue flew from JFK to AZS on Saturdays & Wednesdays.

It was a great cheap easy flight to get to LT!! I always thought the flights were fairly booked if not full.

SO please email them here

https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us/email/ask/

And tell them to restart flights from NYC Area to AZS.

I miss LT and I don't want to fly into SDQ - I want my AZS Flight

Help a LT Lover out - Gracias
    I did that a year ago and got a response that it was not a profitable route which I think is a bs answer. If think the problem is the cost of fees charged by the company that runs the El Catey Airport. They have few flights coming in so they charge un-competitive rates to try to cover their costs. It would behoove the DR gov to work out a deal with an airline out of the NYC area to fly into El Catey. I can't understand why this is not a priority for their tourism minister in growing the business on the Samana Peninsula. The DR gov invests in the cost of building the airport but don't have an understanding on what airlines need to be able to fly into there. It is not that complicated to sit down with airline executives and find out what the problems are and fix them to make it as easy as possible for tourists to come. It is the same old story. These politicans don't want to be involved unless there is something in it for them. Very sad.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Same issue with Puerto Plata and I would suspect other DR airports. But I disagree that profitability does not come into play. The routes are not profitable, in part, because of the high operating costs of DR airports. The DR government does not seem to care.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info - maybe I'll start harassing Dominican tourism jefe

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that there was not enough security at the airport and no company wants their plane stuffed with contraband which can put the aircraft out of service for periods of time.  Also heard that there is not enough FRIEGHT going out of El Catey so NO income there either..   And its for sure there are not enough hotel beds to warant multiple carriers with multiple flights.

One has to wonder though,  why there are still Dailey flights (charter) from Canada and we have no US carriers, what are the Canadiens doing that US carriers can't?...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem was the traffic... not enough.

In order to fill the flights, the had to drop the price... that's why we all got cheap seats.
    They go where people pay the most.... and it isn't AZS.

Not enough beds on the peninsula....build and they will come.

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

For those that enjoy the peninsula as it is now, be very, very careful of what you wish for. Build, and they will come? Jet Blue is actually doing you a favor.

9. Likes sankofatravler liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha, big picture.... the others just want a flight.....

You're right...
    But remember, they didn't build the airport for fun... they want it used.

The newest in the country......AZS

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CG View Post
    I heard that there was not enough security at the airport and no company wants their plane stuffed with contraband which can put the aircraft out of service for periods of time.  Also heard that there is not enough FRIEGHT going out of El Catey so NO income there either..   And its for sure there are not enough hotel beds to warant multiple carriers with multiple flights.

One has to wonder though,  why there are still Dailey flights (charter) from Canada and we have no US carriers, what are the Canadiens doing that US carriers can't?...
    If I was the DR Gov I would tell JetBlue if you want all the other routes into the DR you WILL fly a couple of times a week into El Catey. At least during late Fall, Winter, and early Spring. Not that diffucult.

12. Likes Buster Rhyno liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    The problem was the traffic... not enough.

In order to fill the flights, the had to drop the price... that's why we all got cheap seats.
    They go where people pay the most.... and it isn't AZS.

Not enough beds on the peninsula....build and they will come.
    NOOOOOooooo!!

I think there are plenty of places to stay in LT - for the feeble gringos, I guess build one or two all-inclusives, but I think the variety of hotels in LT are fine.

But - I for one, am not looking for a Punta Cana - its already there, don't need another - (BTW - I've never been there in my 13 yrs of going to DR)

So for moi, my options are limited to POP or SDQ.

Been there done that - its OK, but I don't want to waste time & $ on a rental car to get me to LT. For me to get to LT, I would have to go to Toronto from NY - not against it, but its a hassle & more $.

In reality my option is now down to POP and staying Cabarete - Fcuking Shame!

I guess LT have to wait until my retirement plans - which is to spend 2 months in DR during Winter time...

Stay Golden Pony Boy
    Last edited by Buster Rhyno; 07-29-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast