Allow myself to introduce myself

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
Hola!

I belonged to this site quite a few years back, but deleted the gmail account associated. Oh well.

Gringo working in Haiti for the past 8 years with a few gigs in West Africa. Many visits to DR and will make it my home, one day.

Still searching for the best place to retire. Any ideas?

i want to buy land and have a house built. Any ideas?

I'll post in the appropriate thread soon.

Best journeys.

Buzz

EphraimH

Jul 12, 2017
From one newbie to another (sort of), welcome.
As for where to retire, I think that depends on what you are looking for. Urban, coastal, mountain etc. I would make that decision first.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hola!

I belonged to this site quite a few years back, but deleted the gmail account associated. Oh well.

Gringo working in Haiti for the past 8 years with a few gigs in West Africa. Many visits to DR and will make it my home, one day.

Still searching for the best place to retire. Any ideas?

i want to buy land and have a house built. Any ideas?

I'll post in the appropriate thread soon.

Best journeys.

Buzz

Check out the Samana penninsula. The hills around Las Terrenas or Coson are are a great location. There is a lot of info on-line. Good luck and good travels

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Welcom, I am selling a lot across the road from the ocean between SDO and Boca Chica if interested. It's in a gated community and will sell cheap. Have to sell to settle mothers estate. If interested, IM me.

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
From one newbie to another (sort of), welcome.
As for where to retire, I think that depends on what you are looking for. Urban, coastal, mountain etc. I would make that decision first.

Ephraim
This is THE tough question. I guess I like a little bit of each. That is why I am leaning a bit towards Las Terrenas . Seams to have a little bit of it all. However, I'm not so thrilled with the distance to airports that fly to Miami (hometown). If only Spirit or JB would fly to El Catay.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Hello. thats all depends what area you would like to live in Becasue DR has it all... city life Santo Domingo peaceful and safe life Semana , Punta Cana , la romana ... but the best advice is get in a car and travel the county to see what you like.