where did they get embassy personel for this country

mistake

Mar 11, 2002
People wanted to visit this country. They are from country not on the list of countrieswhich will need visa or which will not need visa.
I sugested to them to contact embassy of DR.
They contacted 1 , the 2 , then 3 and never been able to speak with anyone with comon sence to answer 1 simple question. How to obtain tourist visa to DR.
I could not beleive this so I tried to contact same embassies by phone or by email.
Now I can belieive them.
No one answers the phone , noone replies to the messages, noi one knows what is their job.
I just can't understand how stupid could be the one to apoint such bad bunch of damaging non professionals to represent one country.
This country will be forgoten by the world and allready is.
It is hard to beleive that anything worse can egzist anywhere in the world.
Well done by this government and all who voted for them.

Christine_deb

Mar 6, 2002
Tourist Visa.

Okay take a deep breath.

My travel agent sold me my tourist visa included in the price of my trip. US $10.00

If you don't have one you buy one at the airport when you get there.

Your airline steward may even have them on board. Try a travel agent.

RDStudentinDC

Mar 20, 2002
Tourist cards

There is a difference between a tourist card and a tourist visa. Tourist cards are distributed by airlines, travel agents, Dominican consulates and just before the immigration booths at most airports in the DR. Tourist visas are issued only by Dominican consulates or consular sections of embassies.

Depending of which country you are a citizen, you may need a tourist visa, a tourist card, or neither. If you have a toursit visa, you will not need a tourist card.

Only citizens of Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Peru, Liechtenstein, and Uruguay may enter without either visa or tourist card.

Citizens of Albania, Antigua y Bermuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados,Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Curazao, Denmark, Dominica, Slovenia, Spain, USA, Finland, France, Luxemburgo, Greece, Guyana, Hungary, United Kingdom (including N. Ireland), Turks and Caicos, Italy, Jamaica, M?xico, M?naco, The Netherlands, Paraguay, Polonia, Portugal, Andorra, Norway, Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, FYR of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Kitts & Nevis, San Marino, San Vicente and the Grenadines, Saint Luc?a, Sweden, Switzerland, Surinam, Trinidad y Tobago,Ukraine, Venezuela, y Yugoslavia can enter with a tourist card.

Others must apply for a visa at the nearest Dominican consulate or embassy.

You may search for the nearest mission at http://196.3.85.11/final/serex/misiones.htm.

You may request more information at one of the tourism offices listed at: http://www.dominicana.com.do/asistencia/oficinas.html