Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convertible rental in Punta Cana?

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Convertible rental in Punta Cana?

Convertible rental in Punta Cana? I found some Russians with their red Mustang rental, also saw another facebook post with white Mustang (also Russians) but no clear details on prices/conditions.

Any other places to rent a nice looking convertible car for 24 hours? I need it for some photo/video shoots.

Also interested in a photoshoot on a boat in Cap Cana marina, must be for 1 hour 6AM-7AM, or at 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM because of daylight conditions.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat...

PM Mike Fisher here on DR1

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget a decent looking convertible in PC...they're all jacked-up and interiors are dirty and not what you've come to expect from US and Euro rental agencies. Make sure your "fog filters" are ready to cover-up the defects!

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Forget a decent looking convertible in PC...they're all jacked-up and interiors are dirty and not what you've come to expect from US and Euro rental agencies. Make sure your "fog filters" are ready to cover-up the defects!
    Lol I know that, everything is ugly here... but I am good at photoshopping that crap

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you do not want a Mustang since you passed on the Russians. But, that is about all I see for convertibles. There were about five of them for rent over by Plaza Bavaro the other day. And there are usually one or two on the car lot near Los Corales If you want to find a particular car, he might be able to find it for you - he sells and rents cars. Eddy Melo.

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    Sounds like you do not want a Mustang since you passed on the Russians. But, that is about all I see for convertibles. There were about five of them for rent over by Plaza Bavaro the other day. And there are usually one or two on the car lot near Los Corales If you want to find a particular car, he might be able to find it for you - he sells and rents cars. Eddy Melo.
    Thanks for the info. Actually, I don't like the red one, it doesn't look that good in photos. Do you remember what colors were available at the place you mentioned? The most photogenic color for that 2010 model is Grabber Blue, I did some photo shoots with it in Florida and it was fantastic.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sddr View Post
    Thanks for the info. Actually, I don't like the red one, it doesn't look that good in photos. Do you remember what colors were available at the place you mentioned? The most photogenic color for that 2010 model is Grabber Blue, I did some photo shoots with it in Florida and it was fantastic.
    The one on the lot a few days ago is red. With some white. There were multiple colors over by Plaza Bavaro. I don't know if they are still there. If you are in the area, it is probably worth while to go by both places. I am not there at the moment or I would look again. (Also talk to Eddy. He seems to move a fair number of cars in and out. He would certainly tell you what he can do. Or call him. I have his number if you want to pm me.)

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    The one on the lot a few days ago is red. With some white. There were multiple colors over by Plaza Bavaro. I don't know if they are still there. If you are in the area, it is probably worth while to go by both places. I am not there at the moment or I would look again. (Also talk to Eddy. He seems to move a fair number of cars in and out. He would certainly tell you what he can do. Or call him. I have his number if you want to pm me.)
    I am in Santo Domingo, so the best way for me is to make sure the car is available before I drive to Bavaro, because I need to pay for the hotel there, so if we drive there and no car is available and I can't take photos, it's all just wasted time. If he has whatsapp on his number so he can show the photos of his cars, that way I can see what I get there..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sddr View Post
    I am in Santo Domingo, so the best way for me is to make sure the car is available before I drive to Bavaro, because I need to pay for the hotel there, so if we drive there and no car is available and I can't take photos, it's all just wasted time. If he has whatsapp on his number so he can show the photos of his cars, that way I can see what I get there..
    You want to contact the SD antique car club. They have quite a few.

https://www.facebook.com/CAACRD/

I love Dominicans!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    You want to contact the SD antique car club. They have quite a few.

https://www.facebook.com/CAACRD/
    I don't think that any owner of a show quality classic car in DR (or even in US) will rent is to somebody. Because I need a car for a photo shoot not where the car is parked (like in an ugly parking lot or garage somewhere), I need to drive it to locations I need and take photos there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast