Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Convertible rental in Punta Cana?

  1. #11
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not true,
    Many owners are happy to lend their car....if supervised by the owner.

    Example 
    The owner of Mustang #000000000001 lent his to my friend to drive to/from her daughter's wedding.
    All he wanted was a signed photo of her father and brother.

    Exceptional circumstances, mind you.

    They like showing off the cars....worth a try calling to ask.

  2. #12
    I love Dominicans!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Not true,
    Many owners are happy to lend their car....if supervised by the owner.

    Example 
    The owner of Mustang #000000000001 lent his to my friend to drive to/from her daughter's wedding.
    All he wanted was a signed photo of her father and brother.

    Exceptional circumstances, mind you.

    They like showing off the cars....worth a try calling to ask.


    Well, good point but here in DR there is too much risk of damage and no full insurance for older cars, so even if some Dominican classic car owner wants to see how a tall blonde European model in a bikini is posing for a photo shoot with his car, it's too much risk that the car will be damaged by a drunk motoconcho or truck driver on the way to the photo shoot location, and if there is no full insurance, so what?

    I owned a classic car myself here, sold it a few years ago and honestly I am happy that I sold it, because once you drive it outside your garage, there are hundreds of imbeciles around doing all possible maneuvers to scratch it. So I prefer just to rent a modern convertible with full insurance, like any other normal rental car.

  3. #13
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sddr View Post
    I don't think that any owner of a show quality classic car in DR (or even in US) will rent is to somebody. Because I need a car for a photo shoot not where the car is parked (like in an ugly parking lot or garage somewhere), I need to drive it to locations I need and take photos there.
    You're welcome.

    Sorry, I'm a little slow. It took me a while to figure out what you want to do is cruise the countryside in a nice convertible and stop here and there to shoot some "artsy" shots with some little cutie.

  4. #14
    I love Dominicans!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    You're welcome.

    Sorry, I'm a little slow. It took me a while to figure out what you want to do is cruise the countryside in a nice convertible and stop here and there to shoot some "artsy" shots with some little cutie.
    Yes this is exactly what I want to do )

  5. #15
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agreeing with JD, 
    Your question sounded like a still shoot , not a country caravan .....

    Chances are slim of you being allowed to go alone.... or to remote/ scenic locations.

  6. #16
    I love Dominicans!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Agreeing with JD, 
    Your question sounded like a still shoot , not a country caravan .....

    Chances are slim of you being allowed to go alone.... or to remote/ scenic locations.
    Well, still shoot here, still shoot there, etc... in Punta Cana - Bavaro area. I was asking about MODERN convertible for rent. I never asked about classic car. All those Mustangs for rent in that area are 2010-2012. As I said, the one available from Russians is not the color I like, and the condition is also not that good... I saw some wedding photos with it, and tires/rims look ugly. I can photoshop some dings on a bumper, some marks here and there and ugly Dominican marbete stickers on the windshield, but not the whole car ) I am surprised that all big rental companies like Dollar/Thrifty/Europcar etc don't have convertibles for rent in DR.

  7. #17
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You could always contact a dealer

  8. #18
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sddr View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I want to do )
     
    This makes the list of stupid things to do in this country.  By the way do you know this fountry or plan to have a driver. I also have the feeling that a few days ago I noticed a red convertible ( do not usually see convertibles around here especially a red one) with 2 gringos and being driven by a dominican.  I would suggest you keep the driver and explain to your "cutie".
    I guess you are looking to impress. Watch out for the rains with that red convertible.

  9. #19
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There was a place that rented Slingshots here in Bavaro. They sometimes had 3-4 in the lot at a time. Given the amount of rain we sometimes get and the height of the speedbumps, they didn't seem to rent very often.

  10. #20
    I love Dominicans!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
     This makes the list of stupid things to do in this country. By the way do you know this fountry or plan to have a driver. I also have the feeling that a few days ago I noticed a red convertible ( do not usually see convertibles around here especially a red one) with 2 gringos and being driven by a dominican. I would suggest you keep the driver and explain to your "cutie".
    I guess you are looking to impress. Watch out for the rains with that red convertible.
    I live in SD since 2003 and I drive around the country a lot. But if I drive to Bavaro, I normally drive to resorts only, so I don't know a lot about rent-a cars, shopping plazas, etc in that area, that's why I am asking this here ) but hiring a Dominican driver ) LOL I don't need that


    I need a convertible for some photoshoots only. I will take it at 6 PM, park it in the hotel parking lot, next morning I start at 6 AM, drive here and there, take photos, at 6PM I will return it to the rental location. That's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    .
    I guess you are looking to impress.
    What a stupid post, lol. I am looking to do some photoshoots here instead of going to Miami for that, I am too busy for traveling now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO