Help! how do I get a copy of a marriage certificate in Punta Cana?

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
My nephew got married at Punta Cana Excellent Resorts which is closed for renovations, I am trying to get a copy of the marriage certificate and don't know where to start, who can help me?

I live in SD, can I request it here in SD?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Yes you can request it at any Registro Civil. You just need his full name and cedula number.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Santo Domingo or anywhere. It is a centralized system now so is available anywhere. And would not be in Veron, the nearest Registro Civil is Higuey, but you don't need to go there.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Santo Domingo or anywhere. It is a centralized system now so is available anywhere. And would not be in Veron, the nearest Registro Civil is Higuey, but you don't need to go there.

Matilda

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002

Matilda

wow thank you very much, makes my life easier

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My nephew got married at Punta Cana Excellent Resorts which is closed for renovations, I am trying to get a copy of the marriage certificate and don't know where to start, who can help me?

I live in SD, can I request it here in SD?

Yes, you can get it at the JCE right there in SD, or whichever JCE you want. I was married in GH, but needed a copy and got one at the JCE in Sosua.

Jul 16, 2017
Is there any extra fess because of the request is made at different location than where the marriage took place?

Do they also provide the services for birth certificates?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There's only an extra fee if you need the marriage certificate to be legalized. As for birth certificates, my Dominican wife had to go to JCE in Moca where she was born to get her birth certificate when we got married(?).

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's what am referring to cavok. Does one needs to be at the place of birth to request a BC?

That's what JCE in Gaspar Hernandez told her when we got married 3 years ago and she previously had to go to Moca to get birth certificates for her kids. Maybe it was because she needed to get an "original" and not just a copy - not sure(?). She's not here right now. I'll try to let you know later.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's what am referring to cavok. Does one needs to be at the place of birth to request a BC?

Just spoke with my wife and she said she's heard they have made some changes and "thinks" that you can get the birth certificates at any JCE now. Wish I could give you a more definite answer.

rocie

Mar 24, 2018
hi matilda do assist people in getting there certs im living in ireland and trying to ge tmy cert

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Rocie if you need it translated from Spanish to English and apostilled for legal use in Ireland then the best person to contact is Olga Vinas who is a registered legal translator (which you have to be here for legal documents). She would translate, have the translation legalized, have the document apostilled and send it back to you by courier - you choose the courier, expensive and fast or slower and cheaper. You can email her at vinasolga@hotmail.com.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Rocie if you need it translated from Spanish to English and apostilled for legal use in Ireland then the best person to contact is Olga Vinas who is a registered legal translator (which you have to be here for legal documents). She would translate, have the translation legalized, have the document apostilled and send it back to you by courier - you choose the courier, expensive and fast or slower and cheaper. You can email her at vinasolga@hotmail.com.

Matilda