Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are land prices ridiculous high?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are land prices ridiculous high?

I'm browsing the Perdomo sight for lots and it seems to be crazy. Or is it just me?

El Limon: 527 m²/ 0.13 acre, 2Km from beach $32K. "The site can be comfortably accessed by 4m road". $61 per sq meter

Las Terrenas: 2,503 m² / 0.61 acre, 3.5 km from beach $60K. " Flat piece of land, with many almond and coconut trees as well as bananas." $24 per sq meter.

The price per square meter seems to be all over the board. No rhyme or reason to all this.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DR, the land that common sense forgot. You're right, all over the place. Especially if they know you're interested in the land.

A Dominican-American bought empty land just down the road from us, began fencing it in, and will eventually build a home there. Our properties meet at the rear, because ours is "L" shaped, and our back area runs behind many houses that front on the road. A Dominican friend of his from NY came to visit, loved the area, and noticed that next door to him was another empty lot, maybe 6 tareas. Asked the owner for a price - 8 million pesos!

Best idea is to drive around the areas you like, look for signs, they are EVERYWHERE. Get a Dominican to call and ask the price.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

3. Likes CristoRey, yacht chef, jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but where can you buy land free for any purpose construction or whatever for 24$ a m2?
    It's a steal.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post
    I'm browsing the Perdomo sight for lots and it seems to be crazy. Or is it just me?

El Limon: 527 m²/ 0.13 acre, 2Km from beach $32K. "The site can be comfortably accessed by 4m road". $61 per sq meter

Las Terrenas: 2,503 m² / 0.61 acre, 3.5 km from beach $60K. " Flat piece of land, with many almond and coconut trees as well as bananas." $24 per sq meter.

The price per square meter seems to be all over the board. No rhyme or reason to all this.
    A flat .61 acres in Las Terrenas for US$60k is not a bad deal, depending on location...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    I am sorry but where can you buy land free for any purpose construction or whatever for 24$ a m2?
    It's a steal.
    I agree with you. Even the 8 million pesos it's a steal for 6 hectares which is more than ten acres. if it's anywhere close to a beach or in a tourist area.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExDR View Post
    I agree with you. Even the 8 million pesos it's a steal for 6 hectares which is more than ten acres. if it's anywhere close to a beach or in a tourist area.

Read my post again. Tareas, not hectares. Little over one acre.  Not a tourist in sight, but there is a beach down the road. 

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

8. Likes yacht chef liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty difficult to compare land values from country to country....quite a useless exercise.

Apples, oranges and grapefruit.....

From my experience , land with an ocean view for $24/ M is a decent price.
    We pay more in Cabrera 

10. Likes Fulano2, ROLLOUT liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One important thing to remember is:
    - The prices you see are the asking price and that is why the prices are all over the place
    - Everything in the DR is negotiable
    - Many times you can cut the price by 50% and make the deal
    - Make an offer
    - Research the title is the most important thing to protect your investment
    - Use 2 lawyers from different cities and different firms (one to check the other)
    - Also using a reputable firm like Perdomo is good but you pay market price

12. Likes Timotero, Fulano2 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post

People can list the price of a property but the market will determine what the property is acutally worth. Additionally just like everything else this price is negotiable. I would not get too caught up in what the list price.

14. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

"Who want to be a millionaire?"
    It seems like anyone with a few tareas 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast