Dogs Poisoned in Puerto Plata

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
17 dogs have been found poisoned in TORRE ALTA URBANIZATION Puerto Plata.

Please if you live in that area , keep your dogs inside :(

Go to your local Veterinarian and purchase an Anti-poison kit just to be safe.

Article, computer translated:

PUERTO PLATA .- Residents of the Urbanization Torre Alta, denounced that Haitian nationals, are giving the task of killing dogs in that sector, using poison.

They note that in less than a week, 17 canines have perished, victims of poisoning. They say that the cruel actions are documented in several videos of security cameras that monitor the sector.

They call on local authorities and the Society for the Protection of Animals to intervene in the malicious situation before it is too late, as local neighbors are planning to take justice into their own hands.

They warn that the action obeys, to that the Haitians plan a wave of massive robberies, in the residences of the referred urbanization.

They say that it is worrying the large number of undocumented people who are wandering around the place, many of whom are dedicated to crime in the area.

http://notiplata.com/denuncian-haitianos-envenenan-17-perros-urbanizacion-torre-alta-pp/

Last edited:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Get a gun and fire some lead poisoning back. Unfortunately it's probably all these idiots understand. 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What are the reasons these sickos do this? I thought it was to rob a home but this seems like something else.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
To date I have lost three dogs to poison. Thats in the Loperon zone.
This is country wide.
Motive sounds plausible ....

LOts of desperate people around ; not good news at all.
Russell

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
What are the reasons these sickos do this? I thought it was to rob a home but this seems like something else.

partially it's just that. dogs bark and alert the neighbourhood about strangers in the area, particularly at night. and street dogs are often perceived as "bother" by some because they often run after the motos and attempt to bite. very sad.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Its usually the cheapest rat poison they can buy. If you have the kit and use it in time it will work fine. If you can put the dogs in at night. There is not a hell hot enough for the kind of a person that would murder a dog. They deserve the worst. I am not a person to be violent but when it comes to dog poisoners I make an exception. We had one in our neighborhood but he moved just as we found out who he was. Offering a reward for the name worked great. Hate to hear these stories but it happens here from time to time.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
What are they using as poison?

Savages!

Guarantee it's "tres Pasito" three steps and your dead. They usually do that the same night that they are going to rob the homes. False sense of security to think that it's only Haitians. How can they tell their nationality from grainy videos?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Guarantee it's "tres Pasito" three steps and your dead. They usually do that the same night that they are going to rob the homes. False sense of security to think that it's only Haitians. How can they tell their nationality from grainy videos?

Catch a few of them when they are out killing rats.

Jul 16, 2017
Probably something like tres pasitos - rat poison mixed into meat. We've lost a rottie and a boxer to poisoning, it's a terrible death.

So sad I can't even imagine. I'm an animal lover indeed and wouldn't even phantom the idea of having one/any of my dogs harm, nevertheless killed in such horrible way.

I see you mentioned Rottie and Boxer, both big dogs, are they just after these or small guys also feel the pain?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no dog is safe from the poison. bigger dogs may have a better shot at surviving because for a vet they are easier to treat and to administer meds. our rotties are about as big as me in terms of weight. but our pom pom is just a bit over 2 kg and so tiny. it's harder to give her IV, to operate and so on.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
no dog is safe from the poison. bigger dogs may have a better shot at surviving because for a vet they are easier to treat and to administer meds. our rotties are about as big as me in terms of weight. but our pom pom is just a bit over 2 kg and so tiny. it's harder to give her IV, to operate and so on.

A dog can be trained to eat only from his bowl but that takes a lot of reinforcement, especially with meat involved but it is possible. Cats on the other hand will go for the meat too.