Replacement Key Fob

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Hi guys does anyone know of a locksmith that can get me a new key fob for a Nissan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Ye I guess so. The one that remotely opens the central locking.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You hace to be specific. What year and make. Is it a transponder key or just a remote for doors lock and unlock or a chip that is part of the immobilizer system. The older simple one can be ordered off Amazon knowing your year and model with instructions to program it. An immobilizer key requires going to a high end locksmith with a second good key to clone the chip or you must go to the dealer with papers showing you as the owner. There are after market immobilizer keys with watch batteries but those are problematic and still must be cloned.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I have a murano and tryed to get a new key from a lock smith and it locked the mane computer I then found a man thst can do it and was a good price he is in Santiago if you want his contact let me know. The Nissan 's can be a pain in the but.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know a great locksmith in puerto plata but it all depends on a model and a year of production. newer and fancier cars are more difficult.

murano is a gorgeous car, btw.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I believe there is a Nissan Dealership on the main street going through POP (forget the name, apollo motors or something like that). They will certainly be able to get you a new key.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi guys does anyone know of a locksmith that can get me a new key fob for a Nissan?

A locksmith can't replace a Nissan key that has a chip. You will need to go to the Nissan Dealer and get a new key and most likely they will have to program the key to your vehicle. This is expensive. I had to replace a key for a Mitsubishi in the States and the total cost was $250 us.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
In Charamicos there is a a little shop called Casa de tornillos.  He sells nuts and bolts and also cuts keys.  He sells transponder keys for a few brands of cars.  i know he does Toyota, so I'm fairly sure he will stock blanks for Nissan.  He has a coding machine that will clone the transponder chip in your original key.  However this is the key only to start the engine.

If you want a key fob to control the central locking, your best bet is to buy one off eBay. There are instructions on the internet on how to program it.  It's usually a sequence of operations like switching the ignition on then off several times, followed by opening / closing doors etc.

But again depends on year and model of your Nissan.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
It seems to me like the OP is just talking about the remote control for the door lock system, not the actual ignition key. If it is just the remote control then buy one off Amazon or Ebay. I bought one for my Ford Explorer last week for U$6. It also came with a Youtube link of how to program it. I received it on Tuesday and within 3 minutes I had programmed it using a simple ignition sequence. So easy and so cheap!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
[video=youtube;8or6k3Fpuas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8or6k3Fpuas[/video]

Here's how program a 2002 Nissan as an example.

CharlieD

Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for all the replies. Any contact details would be great. Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The remote is easy. The real challenge is programming a new key with embedded chip.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The remote is easy. The real challenge is programming a new key with embedded chip.
That is correct. Newer cars like the Murano from 2007 have an immobilizer key which "talks" to a receiver just behind the dash plastic near the kry. This receiver sends a signal code and waits for a combination code back from the key. The code is relayed to the car's computer and if the key doesn't have the correct combination code it will spin the starter but never dtart. They can not be programmed by a door switch and ke on/off sequence method. You either must have someone who can clone an existing immobilizer key for the car or the dealer can program one from the VIN number with your title.
But like everything in the DR someone probably has a way to get it done.
But if it's an immobilizer fob and slotted key you need plan on a minimum of $300 and up.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk