Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So let's kick off with the menopause -only ladies post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiree View Post
    Nothing helped me until I went on low dose HRT.
    I'll ask the gynaecologist next time I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    Like Chiri I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning and can't go back to sleep. And it is not a restful sleep. On the occasion I stay at my MIL in the campo forget sleep. Funny thing I do not remember my own mother going through menopause but I surely remember my Aunt (mom's sister) going through it. I think the whole family remembers that.
    The sleep I do get is usually good quality - small blessing. Today I woke up at 6:05 and felt a tremendous sense of achievement.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

2. Likes retiree, keepcoming liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I found I woke a lot more in DR. In my case, I don't think menopause causes my insomnia, but who knows?  

Dogs in our campo seem to sleep all day and bark all night, roosters think it's dawn at 2 am, motors, music, etc.   When we have electricity at night, the AC blocks most of it because the windows are also closed. The answer for us is white noise. We have a large, noisy pedestal fan that helps a lot. 

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

4. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my problem is that I am a light sleeper so any small noise wakes me. I now take dormilong which is like benadryl and also 0.25mg of hrt which is hardly anything. I wake with the cockerels at 4ish then if I can manage to keep dozing till they stop at 7.30, I may sleep soundly for another hour. Usually I am up by 6, but that means I am tired by 7 or 8 pm so go to bed then. Most people in the campo are in bed by 9 and up by 5 or 6, so I am like them now.

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234