Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what hurts more?

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what hurts more?

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember my SIL saying never again and my brother was worried because he wanted another. Doctor told him not to worry women have selective memory. He was correct. Once while catching playing baseball I had a faul ball bouce off the plate and slam me under the cup. Knock me right out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no nuts to compare it but with my third child the epidural didn't work so I ended up having natural birth. The good part was no stiches but the mental pain of the birth stayed with me a lot longer than the first two which I had with an epidural.

Yes we do have selective memory.
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

4. Dislikes HIRAM disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Difficult to answer because I don't know of anyone who has experienced both.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Women can spend many hours in labour birthing a child while encountering extreme pain. They may have internal bleeding, and severe tearing of the birth canal even with an episiotomy, especially if the baby is large. Painful hemorrhoids are also a side effect of birthing. Birthing can have medical complications, some of which are life threatening.

I've had a couple of accidental kicks to my testicular area. While initially very  painful, the trauma doesnt last for hours or result in permanent damage nor is my life at risk. There is no comparison. 

7. Likes Derfish, Russell, sixsticks liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It depends

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    I have no nuts to compare it but with my third child the epidural didn't work so I ended up having natural birth. The good part was no stiches but the mental pain of the birth stayed with me a lot longer than the first two which I had with an epidural.

Yes we do have selective memory.
    I convinced myself that it is all in the head and billions of women have given birth with much less comfort than I have. So, I had both natural births. I took a nap during labor and had diner before heading to the hospital. Never took any birthing class, figured if a 16 yr old could give birth alone in her bathroom it wasn't rocket science. Arrived at the hospital ready to pop, had my babies within 1.5 hour. Nurses came and see me like I was an Alien, one asked me if I was in the military, lol.

I requested to be released to be home the next day. If I have a third one, would love a home birth, I hate hospitals.

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Damm obstructive kidney stones

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

North Coast Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    Laff of the day.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Africaida, I've had 4. Wanted home births from the first but bowed to pressure from hubby cause at the time in Canada it was still "alegal". Ok if all went well, criminal charges if it didn't. Planned home birth for the 3rd, undiscovered breech...hospital birth. Which was so terrifying & ill addressed that when the the 4 th came I would have chained myself to anything to avoid the hospital, didn't care what hubby said. And it was wonderful and beautiful at home. Still kick my ass I didn't hold out the first time lol. The doctor in charge at the breech did everything wrong for a breech...my son is 27 now & I still marvel that I have him...& still believe he would have made out just fine at home with my midwife.
    Last edited by sixsticks; 07-23-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

13. Likes Africaida liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast