Thread: Front License Plates?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Front License Plates?

Saw something on Facebook about front license plates are also required under the new transportation law(s). Anyone see/read this and can follow up? How in the heck would I go about getting one? Suppose it could say, "I tried!"

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not unless they do a re-issue of new licences plates. The current plates only came with one.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by judypdr View Post
    Saw something on Facebook about front license plates are also required under the new transportation law(s). Anyone see/read this and can follow up? How in the heck would I go about getting one? Suppose it could say, "I tried!"
    1. Unscrew the license-plate at the back
    2. Make a color-copy of the license-plate
    3. Plastify this color-copy
    4. Cut it out
    5. Re-install the license-plate at the back
    6. Tape the color-copy license-plate on your front bumper
    7. Drive to the nearest colmado and have a beer or rum

4. Likes judypdr, bienamor liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the reference to license plates front and rear in the new law:

Artículo 165.- Exhibición de las placas. Todo vehículo de motor portará sus placas colocadas en las partes delantera y trasera. No podrán estar ocultas, ni ser impedida su visibilidad con objetos de carácter ornamental o de otro tipo. La placa trasera deberá estar alumbrada por luz incolora o ser de material retro-reflectivo.

Article 165.- Display of the plates. All motor vehicles shall carry their plates on the front and rear. They can not be hidden, nor be prevented from visibility with objects of an ornamental or other nature. The back plate shall be illuminated by colorless light or be of a retro-reflective material.

I can't tell if this is actually a new requirement of not, but it pretty clearly spelled out.