Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook listed Real Estate Caberete/Sosua area

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Facebook listed Real Estate Caberete/Sosua area

I've read on this board how real estate web sites are poor at updating and the prices are phony, etc....

However, I have been peering into quite a few fb groups listing props for sale in Caberete/Sosua area. I fthese are fresh postings/listings, it would be safe to say they are active listings and not old, right? There looks like some good deals too. Like, a buyers market. Why is everyone getting out of their property in that area?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They could be new. Or they could be old but still actively for sale.

There are all kinds of reasons for selling, and most of them don't match what you'll find in say, North America.

And yes, it is a buyers market. But even taking advantage of that, you have to know the tricks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post
    I've read on this board how real estate web sites are poor at updating and the prices are phony, etc....

However, I have been peering into quite a few fb groups listing props for sale in Caberete/Sosua area. I fthese are fresh postings/listings, it would be safe to say they are active listings and not old, right? There looks like some good deals too. Like, a buyers market. Why is everyone getting out of their property in that area?
    I look at it this way. Almost everything in the DR is for sale if you give them their price. If you don't give them their price, they wait for someone who does. Sales take a long time and there are no comps lists to look at. Is it a buyers market? Hard to say.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I look at it this way. Almost everything in the DR is for sale if you give them their price. If you don't give them their price, they wait for someone who does. Sales take a long time and there are no comps lists to look at. Is it a buyers market? Hard to say.
    I'm assuming the majority of the sellers are foreigners? I see a lot of Cyrillic letters and assume they are Russians. I'm a little rusty on my Russian language, but could read some of it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming the majority of the sellers are foreigners? I see a lot of Cyrillic letters and assume they are Russians. I'm a little rusty on my Russian language, but could read some of it.
    I would not assume they are foreigners since the vast majority of people even in Sosua and Cabarete are Dominicans. It is likely that the properties you wish to purchase and those listed on FB are mostly foreigners. Yes there are quite a few Russians here, but by no means are they the largest group of foreigners. Canadians and Western Europeans would have much greater numbers.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I would not assume they are foreigners since the vast majority of people even in Sosua and Cabarete are Dominicans. It is likely that the properties you wish to purchase and those listed on FB are mostly foreigners. Yes there are quite a few Russians here, but by no means are they the largest group of foreigners. Canadians and Western Europeans would have much greater numbers.
    Thanks. Not be a smart@ss, but I hope the vast majority of people in any DR town are Dominicans! :-) God forbid there is a Gringo-ville in DR. LOL However, I also doubt they are the owners of $200-500K properties? unless they are retired Dominican/Americans. I have never been to that town, so I'll have to believe what I read. Canadians and Europeans, yikes!

Edit: I don't believe much on Trip Advisor. They get paid by the vnedors

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Not be a smart@ss, but I hope the vast majority of people in any DR town are Dominicans! :-) God forbid there is a Gringo-ville in DR. LOL However, I also doubt they are the owners of $200-500K properties? unless they are retired Dominican/Americans. I have never been to that town, so I'll have to believe what I read. Canadians and Europeans, yikes!

Edit: I don't believe much on Trip Advisor. They get paid by the vnedors
    Yes, the north coast does have a large share of properties over $200K US owned by those not of Dominican origin.
    Understood on Trip Advisor and their reviews not always being real . I have never heard of the Palms in Sosua.

9. Likes Buzz65 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The Palms is nice. Well maintained. Great patio/pool area. Very friendly staff and regulars. On the edge of town, about 10-15 minute walk to downtown and beaches.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This was posted 27 minutes ago:

"one bedroom furnished condo; low down payment for sale or rent $63900.
    Since my daughter moved back to Canada, we have decided to sell some of our units that we have owned for up to 12 years.
    Chose from a choice of one bedroom units priced at $63900 with a down payment of only $9000. We will finance the rest for you at terms to be arranged.

Seller financed?

Anyone know the The Palms condos in Sosua?
    I lived in the Palms for two years and know the person advertising those condos,what do you want to know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast