Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting out of the resort - Grand Bahia Prinicipe El Portillo

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Please delete. Thx.
    Last edited by margaret; 08-03-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice on the tours Steve and the information about the classes at the library.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I take it, this caution is because of the recent reports of sexual assaults on a Riu resort in Punta Cana?
    No, it has nothing to due to this report. As a "gringa" in the DR I would not venture out ALONE to a place where you would not find other tourists. You are not familiar they way things work in the DR and I'm assuming you are not bi-lingual. Yes I am cautious because you have to understand you are not in "Kansas" anymore. If you went with another person I would say no problem.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks LTSteve, this will be my 8th trip to the DR. I'm intermediate with my Spanish. I've actually read quite a bit about the DR and have both Dominican and expat friends there. I always leave the resort and have never had any problem with Dominicans but as mentioned it would be odd for me to show up there alone, unaccompanied. I respect the culture. It sounded like fun because I know that's what Dominicans do on a hot day. Another time. That's why I'm just going have to settle for dancing in La Bodega. Just kidding.

signed, Dorothy

5. Likes sanpedrogringo, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks LTSteve, this will be my 8th trip to the DR. I'm intermediate with my Spanish. I've actually read quite a bit about the DR and have both Dominican and expat friends there. I always leave the resort and have never had any problem with Dominicans but as mentioned it would be odd for me to show up there alone, unaccompanied. I respect the culture. It sounded like fun because I know that's what Dominicans do on a hot day. Another time. That's why I'm just going have to settle for dancing in La Bodega. Just kidding.

signed, Dorothy
    My kind of Girl

You will have a great time !

Another suggestion: There is a cultural center named Camelo Center, you could take a lesson (Salsa or Bachata), you will meet people there. I think they throw parties sometimes.

About donating school supplies, I will pm you a few names you could contact in LT.
    Last edited by Africaida; 08-03-2017 at 05:26 PM.

7. Likes margaret liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

signed, Dorothy
    Well, my bad. Unfortunately you didn't give all this info in your former posts. I based my advise on a tourist staying at an all-inclusive.
    Last edited by LTSteve; 08-04-2017 at 08:06 AM.

9. Likes Africaida, margaret liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123