Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Daughter/Son in-law family - Ladies only forum

  1. #51
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hahaha did you watch last year with Nicole and Azan? I was genuinely frightened for her spending that time in Morocco!!! I'm guessing her family breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't qualify for the fiance visa!!

    As for Pedro? If his sister didn't have the same eyes as him, I would think she was his wife...the way she's so demanding and arrogant about the stuff he's required to provide her!!!

  2. Likes keepcoming liked this post
  3. #52
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    hahaha did you watch last year with Nicole and Azan? I was genuinely frightened for her spending that time in Morocco!!! I'm guessing her family breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't qualify for the fiance visa!!

    As for Pedro? If his sister didn't have the same eyes as him, I would think she was his wife...the way she's so demanding and arrogant about the stuff he's required to provide her!!!
    Well... ummmm that has happened before. I know 2 women who were in relationships with sankies. They presented their wives as his sisters. Many introduced the wife as a cousin. It is not uncommon. Plus the whole family goes along with the lie. I am talking real life, not 90 day visa.

  4. Likes keepcoming, Matilda, Jelly liked this post
  5. #53
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Well... ummmm that has happened before. I know 2 women who were in relationships with sankies. They presented their wives as his sisters. Many introduced the wife as a cousin. It is not uncommon. Plus the whole family goes along with the lie. I am talking real life, not 90 day visa.
    There is a sankette that we have as a neighbor, married with a couple of kids. She used to go to Sosua for 'the season', her husband and family stayed home, and she hooked a Canadian guy. He sent her money every month, came to DR and took her on vacations to nice hotels, sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. Introduced her husband as her brother, and her kids as his. Entire extended family was in on it. This went on for several years, until one of her beloved family members took him on the side and told him the truth. That was the end of that relationship. Now she's older and not as cute, works as a maid in Santo Domingo.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  6. Likes dulce, Matilda, Bronxboy, ROLLOUT, Jelly and 3 others liked this post
  7. #54
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh I've definitely seen that act played out before myself...that's why it made me wonder. BUT she has the same eyes as Pedro so I guess she's just his very entitled, very arrogant, very opinionated sister.

  8. #55
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well today I was scanning the channel guide waiting for dinner to cook. Lo and behold, there it was, 90 Day Fiance. I made it through most of the episode [I fast forwarded through the other couples]. I got to the scene with Chantel's father trying to make Pedro understand that it is not okay that his mother is in a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment and Chantel is sleeping in the kitchen [I presume they live in an efficiency]. Pedro's mind is closed, doesn't bode well for these two.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  9. Likes dulce, Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
  10. #56
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    15,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    There is a sankette that we have as a neighbor, married with a couple of kids. She used to go to Sosua for 'the season', her husband and family stayed home, and she hooked a Canadian guy. He sent her money every month, came to DR and took her on vacations to nice hotels, sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. Introduced her husband as her brother, and her kids as his. Entire extended family was in on it. This went on for several years, until one of her beloved family members took him on the side and told him the truth. That was the end of that relationship. Now she's older and not as cute, works as a maid in Santo Domingo.
    That's unusual isn't it? Why did they cut the money flow? Was it someone in the family that didn't profit from the relationship and or was jealous?
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com


  11. Likes keepcoming liked this post
  12. #57
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    That's unusual isn't it? Why did they cut the money flow? Was it someone in the family that didn't profit from the relationship and or was jealous?
    It is usually jealousy when they spill the beans. Happens a lot, and sometimes they lie as they are envious of someone else's success.

    Matilda


    Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

  13. Likes AnnaC, keepcoming liked this post
  14. #58
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    That's unusual isn't it? Why did they cut the money flow? Was it someone in the family that didn't profit from the relationship and or was jealous?


    Jealousy. That family fights over everything. They steal from each other. They physically beat one another. How dare she have a Canadian boyfriend and they don't?  




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  15. Likes AnnaC, Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
  16. #59
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I finally watched the finale of 90 Day Fiance last night. Was anyone else surprised to see that Pedro's mother was a lawyer?? Do lawyers make decent money in the DR?

  17. Likes dulce liked this post
  18. #60
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They can make decent money yes, especially if they handle cases for foreigners.

    Matilda


    Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

  19. Likes dulce liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO