Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air china interested in DR?

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default air china interested in DR?

air china representatives visited dominican aviation authority to verify the possibility of operating flights to DR.
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2017/07/2...ar-operaciones

i am dumber than a rock, would it be possible to fly non stop from china to DR or there'd need to be a stop over?

North Coast Moderator

2. Likes bachata liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    air china representatives visited dominican aviation authority to verify the possibility of operating flights to DR.
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2017/07/2...ar-operaciones

i am dumber than a rock, would it be possible to fly non stop from china to DR or there'd need to be a stop over?
    I agree that a direct flight is impossible currently and that a stop over is necessary. But I am dumber than a tree stump.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it would depend on the aircraft used. I just wonder if there really is a market to sustain it.

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I agree that a direct flight is impossible currently and that a stop over is necessary. But I am dumber than a tree stump.
    It can be made using 74, 77 and 787's I don't know about Airbus birds According to air miles charts it is about a 15.5 hour flight and flights in excess of 16 hours are currently flown Would wonder about the viability as I would think a full load would be necessary yet a full load may be a problem for that distance

6. Likes keepcoming, ohmmmm liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If the flight becomes a reality, it would most likely be a 5th freedom one from somewhere in Europe.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has ever worked in the Intel community, they would know this isn't about tourism.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz65 View Post
    If anyone has ever worked in the Intel community, they would know this isn't about tourism.
    I have been reading that this also can have some politics issues about Taiwian, as we recognize it as a country, we dont have diplomatics relationships with china, only Commercials. To have Diplomatics relationships with china the first point in the agenda is that we must closed the relationship with Taiwan.

10. Likes Buzz65, Uzin liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut ties with Taiwan to get the flight from mainland China, then the mainland stops the flights. Sounds like a potential plan. ( I spent a week in Taiwan about 20 years ago trying to sell them SIGINT equipment)
    Last edited by windeguy; 07-26-2017 at 08:59 AM.

12. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

many years authorities are promising flights from Dubai, but it is almost impossible, they can't fly even to PTY. 
    There is no market now for regular flights between China and DR, those who want go there may connect in USA o Europe.

Tokyo Mexico takes up to 14 hours, so how would you reach DR from China and who will fly so far.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many flights from New York to Peking,Seoul and to Tokyo with Airbus and Boeing but none direct to Bangkok and ,although I may be wrong I think the direct NY to Singapore flights have been discontinued . I think it would be stretching things a bit to fly against the wind from SDQ to Peking ..I can not see this happening. However I would welcome some direct flights from either Panama or Mexico city to Asia..just to avoid the horrible transit situation in the USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast