married ro dominicana

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
what rights do I have here in DR bring married for a long time to my fominican wife.
Am i considered a legal resident??
Bob

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have to believe that Dominicans have some rights. I haven't come across a listing of just what fundamental rights a person in this country has though. With respect to immigration issues, as has been mentioned, you need to become a resident first to become "regularized" and then can apply for naturalization due to marriage. Until then, apart from the the assumed right to breathe, you probably don't have much legal standing here.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
According to Law No. 285-04 you cannot be deported if you have been married to a Dominican for over 10 years or you have half Dominican children.

Art. 123.- Podrá no ordenarse la deportación o expulsión del extranjero prevista en los
artículos anteriores, de la presente ley, en los siguientes casos:
a) Cuando el extranjero (a) estuviere casado (a) con un cónyuge dominicano (a) por un período
de más de 10 años o tuviere hijos dominicanos por nacimientos debidamente declarados.
b) Cuando tuviere una residencia legal, pacífica y contínua en el país superior a los 10 años, a
partir de su ingreso legal correspondiente.

Matilda