nickelodeon resort punta cana

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
Looking for "first hand" reports - "the good, bad or ugly"! Appropriate for five year olds? Thanks.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Looking for "first hand" reports - "the good, bad or ugly"! Appropriate for five year olds? Thanks.

Almost hard to believe but .... Another hotel in PC!!  Another low .... Hotel in PC.  PC building itself into the ground.  What types of tourists coming here!  The greedy becoming greedier and ruining (already pretty ruined) PC.  Bavaro, Uveto Alto etc etc now overrun by crime and violence.  But they keep building and just look at the hotels being attracted here.  Nothing to be proud of, or so it appears.  

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Almost hard to believe but .... Another hotel in PC!!  Another low .... Hotel in PC.  PC building itself into the ground.  What types of tourists coming here!  The greedy becoming greedier and ruining (already pretty ruined) PC.  Bavaro, Uveto Alto etc etc now overrun by crime and violence.  But they keep building and just look at the hotels being attracted here.  Nothing to be proud of, or so it appears.  

What's so hard to believe (and btw it opened last year)? Punta Cana/Bavaro receives over 60% of the tourists that come to the DR. Where there's an opportunity and demand, you'll always find people willing to invest. Even more hotels are being built at this moment. As to "overrun by crime and violence".... huh? Yes, there is occasional robberies and whatnot but from there to say that it's overrun, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I feel 100% safer in Punta Cana than a lot of other areas of the country. That said, I don't take unnecessary risks and never forget I'm living in a third world country.

To OP: Here's the trip advisor link to the hotel with over 800 reviews https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...lto_Punta_Cana_La_Altagracia_Province_Do.html

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Crime in Punta Cana. You have to be kidding. Less crime here than any big city in the US or most any other country. In Punta Cana there are jobs for everyone in over 150 hotels. No need to steal like in some other places.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
What's so hard to believe (and btw it opened last year)? Punta Cana/Bavaro receives over 60% of the tourists that come to the DR. Where there's an opportunity and demand, you'll always find people willing to invest. Even more hotels are being built at this moment. As to "overrun by crime and violence".... huh? Yes, there is occasional robberies and whatnot but from there to say that it's overrun, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I feel 100% safer in Punta Cana than a lot of other areas of the country. That said, I don't take unnecessary risks and never forget I'm living in a third world country.

To OP: Here's the trip advisor link to the hotel with over 800 reviews https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re...lto_Punta_Cana_La_Altagracia_Province_Do.html

Yes I feel safer too, in Punta Cana Village because of Senor Ranieri and his Grupo Punta Cana.  Perhaps you don't read the same articles I read about the violence, drugs now, robbeties of toyrists and many many many vehicular accidents caused (usuLly) by dominican carelessness and indifference happening in Bavaro. And sorry but I try not to exaggerate I state what I am reading. Of course people want to invest and how many of these "paper" investors ever bother to get up frobt and personal here.  They read about the PUJ very busy airport.  But let me say what I have heard and seen for myself this year...hotels busy, but not As Busy.  Cap Cana as usual empty more than ever when it should be a bit busier And villas bare. Investors not happy.  So take it from there.  But building all over the place.  Again the areas that one can feel much more secure in is only because of Frank Ranieri.  Oh and by the way, you sound a little naive in believing and then even citing trip advisor, whose reviews are, much of the time...Phony (read about trip advisors fraudulent reviews..google it ). Veron violence.  

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe you can post some of these articles on crime here to enlighten the people that live here. I must be in a coma, living here 7 years and have seen or heard next to nothing on crime here.

As far as hotels, I can only speak for the Hard Rock. 80% average occupancy. And in the winter full.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Maybe you can post some of these articles on crime here to enlighten the people that live here. I must be in a coma, living here 7 years and have seen or heard next to nothing on crime here.

As far as hotels, I can only speak for the Hard Rock. 80% average occupancy. And in the winter full.

Bavaro Digital
Diario Libre
Unfortunately I cannot post these (i do not know how firstoff, and, I do not think I have posting privileges on DR1).
I get postings most days on Facebook
I get sent things from my friend in Santiago
And, living here in PC I get first hand info from other residents
Believe me personally Bavaro has lost much of its esrly charm, though
we will hit the road for restaurants and markets
Friend of mine here in PC near Los Corales had home invasion recently ...they killed her dog and robbed house while family there...
Yes robberies can happen anywhere at any time but with these goons being well aware of proliferation of hotels around punta cana area..they have proliferated as well
Hard Rock? Yuk. It was only good IMHO when it was in NYC.  Served the most delicious hamburgers! Then those bankers, hedge funders devided to spread very very thin and sold its name and brand.  So be it.  Then it decided to go tropical (heaven help us).