Quote Originally Posted by Tonchi View Post
What is needed for investment residency... Just purchase a condo?
No.  You should talk to a reputable lawyer with experience in immigration law.  Some firms will do the first consultation free.  The law about investment residency (Law No. 171-07) says yes, you may be able to use an investment in real estate to satisfy the requirement to invest.  But, the last time there was a discussion here on DR1 about this, the lawyer that monitors the Legal section said never, or almost never, has the government approved a real estate investment.

You might start a new thread in Legal if you want to talk more about it.  Things change often.