Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Migas? Ants? Whatever you call them

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Migas? Ants? Whatever you call them

I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
    Help.  Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Fumigation is effective against larger creepy crawlies but will only do so much to eliminate hormigas (ants). We have the same problem - they are devilishly difficult to prevent, but the problem can be minimised by keeping surfaces clear of migas (crumbs).
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

3. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
    These are what we call sugar ants. They will find any food source that they can get at. Buy simple ant traps, at the hardware store, which the ants will go at and bring the poison back to the nest. This will control them.

5. Likes dulce, pelaut, southern liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I can relate to this problem. I thought the ants were taking over the island and I lived on the 4th floor. The ants are plentiful around the grounds. They will find a way into apartments at lightning speed! Keep outside areas clean and fumigated regularly.
     Inside clean surfaces, counters,stove,table, floor of all grease, crumbs and sugar. Keep food in a sealed container.Remove garbage, especially food scraps from cooking daily. It is a daily struggle for sure. I did manage to control them to a minimal level.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    These are what we call sugar ants. They will find any food source that they can get at. Buy simple ant traps, at the hardware store, which the ants will go at and bring the poison back to the nest. This will control them.

Thanks LT.  I will try your suggestion.  Get to a ferreteria and load up on traps. So frustrating And disgusting.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    I can relate to this problem. I thought the ants were taking over the island and I lived on the 4th floor. The ants are plentiful around the grounds. They will find a way into apartments at lightning speed! Keep outside areas clean and fumigated regularly.
     Inside clean surfaces, counters,stove,table, floor of all grease, crumbs and sugar. Keep food in a sealed container.Remove garbage, especially food scraps from cooking daily. It is a daily struggle for sure. I did manage to control them to a minimal level.

Thanks Dulce.  Have tried keeping clean clean clean. I Use disinfectant wipes too around countertops.  They just appear.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LT.  I will try your suggestion.  Get to a ferreteria and load up on traps. So frustrating And disgusting.
    Traps alone will not get rid of them AND keep them away. Unfortunately it takes a lot of work to keep them under control.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dulce.  Have tried keeping clean clean clean. I Use disinfectant wipes too around countertops.  They just appear.
    I feel your pain. Must be why most people have maids constantly cleaning for them.  lol

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Fumigation is effective against larger creepy crawlies but will only do so much to eliminate hormigas (ants). We have the same problem - they are devilishly difficult to prevent, but the problem can be minimised by keeping surfaces clear of migas (crumbs).

Thank you.  I will keep forging on.  Yuk.  And when guests come it is even more aggravating. 

12. Likes dulce liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you live in SD i might be alble to help you.

I had the same problem for years. Most of the fumigators spray totally useless s... Finally i found one that solved the problem. Almost 6 month without a single ant. This guy works only in the SD area. Let me know if you need his contact details.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast