Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Migas? Ants? Whatever you call them

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Thanks Dulce.  Have tried keeping clean clean clean. I Use disinfectant wipes too around countertops.  They just appear.
    Agree. We found that wiping counters with some disinfectant (we use a pine-scented bulk brand from PS similar to Pine Sol) in water keep ants and flies away. Simple solution.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel01 View Post
    I had the same problem for years. Most of the fumigators spray totally useless s... Finally i found one that solved the problem. Almost 6 month without a single ant. This guy works only in the SD area. Let me know if you need his contact details.

Wish I lived near "your person"!  Thank you😀

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
    Help.  Thanks in advance.
    Try blowing boric acid powder or diatomaceous earth dust on the surfaces where you see them working, with a bellows duster.

4. Likes pelaut, dulce, IslandDreaming liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. AE bought something from the local ferreteria, a few pesos, put it down in the corner of the room, and within 24 hours they lessened and in another day they were gone. It came in a little plastic bag, looked like sugar, probably was [with poison on it]. It was a couple of months before we saw them again, rinse and repeat.

Needless to say, has to be in a place inaccessible to pets.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

6. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash all the time with bleach and water.... Or, much simpler, get yourself 1 or 2 cats.... I think my cats eat the ants for desert.... I see a couple of ants and then POOFF, they're gone... And the cats look happy...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlise View Post
    Wash all the time with bleach and water.... Or, much simpler, get yourself 1 or 2 cats.... I think my cats eat the ants for desert.... I see a couple of ants and then POOFF, they're gone... And the cats look happy...
    MY Dominican lady made sure we had a couple of those Little lizards in the house. They stand there and lick them suckers up, no matter how small or big the ants are, and the ants don'y have any sense of fear even seeing the others in their line being snapped up they don't try to disperse that I can tell.
    Der Fish

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you live, but if you are anywhere near Sosua they have a great product at the Playero supermarket which has almost completely eliminated them for me. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is called because all the writing on the pack is in Chinese. When you see the ants, you open a sachet of the product and pour some where you see the ants. They soon gather around and start taking the stuff back to the nest and it appears to kill them all off. I used to have a big ant problem in the small apartment building that I have, but now we rarely see any at all.

As I said, I have only seen the product at Playero, but I am sure it is sold in other places as well.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    MY Dominican lady made sure we had a couple of those Little lizards in the house. They stand there and lick them suckers up, no matter how small or big the ants are, and the ants don'y have any sense of fear even seeing the others in their line being snapped up they don't try to disperse that I can tell.
    Der Fish
    The problem with those little lizards is that they crap all over the place!

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't know what it is called because all the writing on the pack is in Chinese.
    I think I've seen what you are referring to. Next time you are there, if you think of it, play the hapless tourist and take a photo please.

Thx.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Mr. AE bought something from the local ferreteria, a few pesos, put it down in the corner of the room, and within 24 hours they lessened and in another day they were gone. It came in a little plastic bag, looked like sugar, probably was [with poison on it]. It was a couple of months before we saw them again, rinse and repeat.

Needless to say, has to be in a place inaccessible to pets.
    Do you have the name of the product? We do not have any yet since we moved. But I want to be prepared for the onslaught...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast