Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Migas? Ants? Whatever you call them

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    MY Dominican lady made sure we had a couple of those Little lizards in the house. They stand there and lick them suckers up, no matter how small or big the ants are, and the ants don'y have any sense of fear even seeing the others in their line being snapped up they don't try to disperse that I can tell.
    Der Fish
    the book, Derfish..the book!

2. Likes nigrarosa liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    I don't know where you live, but if you are anywhere near Sosua they have a great product at the Playero supermarket which has almost completely eliminated them for me. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is called because all the writing on the pack is in Chinese. When you see the ants, you open a sachet of the product and pour some where you see the ants. They soon gather around and start taking the stuff back to the nest and it appears to kill them all off. I used to have a big ant problem in the small apartment building that I have, but now we rarely see any at all.

As I said, I have only seen the product at Playero, but I am sure it is sold in other places as well.
    be careful with some of those Chinese insect cures. they are seriously poisonous, to humans. there is this thing called Chinese chalk, which you use to mark lines on surfaces. insects crawl over the lines, and it is curtains. you can no longer buy that stuff in countries like the USA. be careful what you buy.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
    Help.  Thanks in advance.
    What you need is Terro liquid ant killer. Works especially well for the small "sugar ants". Put several drops in the middle of the trail as close as possible to where they are entering you apto. or where they are going into the wall. They'll eat this stuff like it's a giant luau and take it back to the nest where they feed it to the queen. Works great. I've been using it for years.

https://www.amazon.com/TERRO-Liquid-...rro+ant+killer

5. Dislikes I love Azua disliked this post
    On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had ongoing problem with tiny tiny ants that seem to appear out of nowhere like magic.  Have had two different (seemingly incompetent ) fumigators come to home.  Next day still there.  They are in apartment mainly in kitchen area, but show up on dining g table, sometimes notice them in living room. They can be on top of stove. Literally one second not there, blink they are around. Any suggestions? Or any recommendations for fumigator you may have used in PC area near PC village? It is really driving us crazy. And the 2 guys we used were in and out in maybe 10-15 minutes.  
    Help.  Thanks in advance.
    diatomaceous earth and Boric acid Mix together and spread very thin line around all walls that face outside, back of cupboards, under stove and fridge etc It is harmless to people and pets, takes a few days to do it's job but once the ants are tracking through it say goodbye

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    be careful with some of those Chinese insect cures. they are seriously poisonous, to humans. there is this thing called Chinese chalk, which you use to mark lines on surfaces. insects crawl over the lines, and it is curtains. you can no longer buy that stuff in countries like the USA. be careful what you buy.

I would usually run when I see China mentioned anywhere on any product.  

8. Likes RDKNIGHT liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IslandDreaming View Post
    diatomaceous earth and Boric acid Mix together and spread very thin line around all walls that face outside, back of cupboards, under stove and fridge etc It is harmless to people and pets, takes a few days to do it's job but once the ants are tracking through it say goodbye

I don't understand this

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    What you need is Terro liquid ant killer. Works especially well for the small "sugar ants". Put several drops in the middle of the trail as close as possible to where they are entering you apto. or where they are going into the wall. They'll eat this stuff like it's a giant luau and take it back to the nest where they feed it to the queen. Works great. I've been using it for years.

https://www.amazon.com/TERRO-Liquid-...rro+ant+killer

Is product sold at markets, hardware? Thanks to everyone for advice

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Is product sold at markets, hardware? Thanks to everyone for advice
    I've nerver seen it down here. You'd have to have a friend bring it down for you or order it through Amazon and have it sent via BM Cargo or EPS acct(or one of many others). You only need a little to do the job. I still have some left from a 2oz bottle I bought several years ago.

Those little ants love this stuff and they will be gone in two days max. It contains boric acid which was mentioned in another post. If you have a dog or a cat you wouldn't want to put it on the floor where they could get at it, but someplace like around the windows sills it's no problem at all.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hormigas (or-ME-gaz) are ants, in tropics you can't stop them ever.  Try powdered cinnamon. 

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. We have an ant problem occasionally. We finally figured out it only happens when we're not thoroughly cleaning up all food particles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast