NFL Football is Back and so are the DR1 Pick 'Em Leagues!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
NFL Training camps are in full swing! It's back! NFL Foootbaaall!

[video=youtube_share;718swIfZKtY]https://youtu.be/718swIfZKtY[/video]

And once again, they're also back: DR1 Pick 'Em Leagues, this time for 2017-2018. We use the CBS Sports excellent platform. This is our 8th year!

We'll have 3 leagues this year:
  • Pick 'Em (no spread)
  • Pick 'Em with the Point Spread
  • Survivor Pool
The Rules for this Season's Pools:

Pick 'Em League 2016-2017:
  • Deadline is 5 minutes before the first game each week. You can sign up for an email notification.
  • All NFL games are picked.
  • No points, just pick the winner.
  • IF you miss a week, your points that week are the lowest score that week -1. No more "drop your worst week." (Although this may be changed for this season to the "drop a week" system.)
  • Tie-Breaker: Total Points on MNF.
  • League Winner is total correct games picked
Pick 'Em by Points League 2016-2017:
  • Deadline is 5 minutes before the first game each week. You can sign up for an email notification.
  • All NFL games are picked.
  • Pick with the point spread from CBS Sports.
  • IF you miss a week, the points you get are the lowest score that week -1. No more "drop your worst week."
  • Tie-Breaker: Total Points on MNF.
  • League Winner is total correct games picked.
Survivor League 2016-2017:
  • Pick the winner in ONE NFL game.
  • No points.
  • Tie=Win.
  • If you lose, you're out.
  • Winner is last man remaining.
  • When one man is left, the league starts again, so don't go away after you lose.
The leagues are not public, so to sign up an invitation needs to be send by email invitation. No way around this as far as I can tell.

Lat years players have been notified by email.

If you want to play, email me at "cobraboy (at) gate (dot) net". You can PM your email address if you'd prefer. I'll have the links and password invitation sent to your e-addy from CBS Sports.

Last year was the most competitive yet! If you played last year expect an enrollment email at the address you used at registration.

Good Luck!

BTW: you know who else is back? Hank Williams. Jr! Bocephus will be doing a NEW MNF intro video!

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Damn, you sound like my bookie. I am still trying to get my mind around Odell Beckham saying he wants to be the highest paid NFL player, you think he's worth it?

May 5, 2007
Da Bears Maybe we will have a .500 season :-( I mean heck, we have a #2 pick QB out of NC, where I can't recall a starting NFL QB ever came from Oh well, last time Bears had a real QB, Bobby Lane, Sid Luckman where are you

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Da Bears Maybe we will have a .500 season :-( I mean heck, we have a #2 pick QB out of NC, where I can't recall a starting NFL QB ever came from Oh well, last time Bears had a real QB, Bobby Lane, Sid Luckman where are you
You in the pool this year?

At least you won't have Jay Cutler to kick around any more...

I thought the Bears screwed Mike Glennon. We was good with the Bucs in some really bad coaching. I was sorry to see him go, but really can't blame him at all.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Anybody else besides me feel like this at the beginning of football season?

[video=youtube;dHs2r_Eyfn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHs2r_Eyfn0[/video]

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

I thought the Bears screwed Mike Glennon. We was good with the Bucs in some really bad coaching. I was sorry to see him go, but really can't blame him at all.

Patriots have the Bucs....AWAY.....

Short week....Thursday night game.....

Could be a problem......Hot weather....tired team......away......

That might be the game they lose......

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Patriots have the Bucs....AWAY.....

Short week....Thursday night game.....

Could be a problem......Hot weather....tired team......away......

That might be the game they lose......
There is a LOT of Bucs enthusiasm in Tampa with an excellent off season, FA and draft, but the Bucs have to prove they are worthy.

The Pats have the Kitties at home before TNF...and Jets later. I don't know how good the Kitties are this year.

Early October at night will be very nice weather.

May 5, 2007

Far as I know Glennon is starting QB Hoping Bears just got 'Turpinski" or whatever his name is for trade potential, who knows Cutler, man that guy was a freaking nightmare, shades of Rex Grossman Bears would be winning a game (it did happen once in a while) and up comes Cutler and offense, pick six the other way What is it with the Bears and lousy QB's?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Far as I know Glennon is starting QB Hoping Bears just got 'Turpinski" or whatever his name is for trade potential, who knows Cutler, man that guy was a freaking nightmare, shades of Rex Grossman Bears would be winning a game (it did happen once in a while) and up comes Cutler and offense, pick six the other way What is it with the Bears and lousy QB's?
Glennon is smart, no nonsense and with an excellent, accurate arm. He just looks like a Mad Giraffe...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
There is a LOT of Bucs enthusiasm in Tampa with an excellent off season, FA and draft, but the Bucs have to prove they are worthy.

The Pats have the Kitties at home before TNF...and Jets later. I don't know how good the Kitties are this year.

Early October at night will be very nice weather.

Bucs are good....

Up and coming......

Weather will definitely be warmer in Tampa than NE....in October......

Just one more thing they would have to deal with......

It's really being away, and having a short week.....

Not much time to prepare.....

I can't remember the last time we saw the Bucs.....

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Bucs are good....

Up and coming......
Thay have not shown they can play with the Big Boys yet. It's all hypothetical at this point.

That said, I would not be surprised in a Pats perfect season.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Pats will loose two games this year. The first in Mexico City and the second in Oakland for the AFC Championship.... My Raiders are back and have the best young quarterback in the game. If you don't believe me just look at his paycheck!!! hahaha... Finally, it's football time again!!!! Hate this summertime without the greatest game in the world... Finally there's sports to watch again!!!