Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with a community in Verón PC Ciudad del Sol?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he some kind of idol for you? Express your own opinion please, much nicer.

2. Dislikes RV429, irishpaddy disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    Earth to Superpana run for the hills she is setting you up. further more you can put the land in your name... kick this lady to the curb.. she is malo...
    There is no indication that she is malo.

4. Likes Fulano2 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeking advice on this forum before you part with your money is a good move ... 

1. Invest with her ? Why ? There are actually many stories like yours in that same community where the gringo lost a lot of money and the girlfriend/wife ended up with the fully paid house , so tread carefully . If you are going to be the one parting with most , if not all of the money - then ask yourself - is she investing or fleecing ?  

2. If you choose not to " run" like most have suggested so far - then the next best thing would be to rent a place on your own for a while to see how things really work in DR. Time will shed light to all doubts and  give you all the answers you need . 

3. Investing ? There is a saying - the best way to leave here with $1m is to come with $2m , lose $1m and go home .  

4. You seem to be asking the right questions so go with your instincts !!  

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice would be if you can't do it yourself then do not do it. As for the gf, well as others have said you seem unsure about her so why even entertain the thought of investing with her. Bad idea, very bad idea.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    There is no indication that she is malo.
    just wait tell she gets that land she may have him wack..I bet dollars to donuts she has a Dominican boyfriend...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    just wait tell she gets that land she may have him wack..I bet dollars to donuts she has a Dominican boyfriend...
    Being cautious is good advice, but since you don't personally know this women, and nothing the OP has said indicates that she is dangerous you are presuming too much.

9. Likes Fulano2, Jaime809 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My gf asked me to rent a condo full time in Bavaro (I go there often), so that she could go there on occasion (from SD), and bring the family. I simply blew her off, and the subject never came up again. I find that Dominican women forget things quickly.
    You state that you've been with her 5 years; is this full time, or do you visit?
    In any case, follow the advise of previous posters. and for God's sake, don't put your name on anything of a legal nature in the DR.

11. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Being cautious is good advice, but since you don't personally know this women, and nothing the OP has said indicates that she is dangerous you are presuming too much.
    PIGS FLY AlSO

13. Likes jeb321 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One other way to look at it is that any investment you make will simply be a gift.  You will never see your money again.  As long as this is your expectation, you lose nothing - in terms of money.  Enjoy the ride.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all the above, good sound advise.
    But only if you are thinking with the 'head' on your shoulders .
    On the other hand if you have a lot of money ; just invest that amount with her that you are prepared to loose.
    Then roll the dice.
    Kenny Rogers said in "the gambler'' 'you gotta know when to hold them, when to fold them ,when to walk away, when to run'.
    Like RV429 said ''Run'',,, if you can.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast