Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with a community in Verón PC Ciudad del Sol?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Run Forest Run. Run fast and run far. Did I mention to run. 

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer a few questions. First and foremost. Thanks to everyone for taking time out to respond. Ok here are the answers. No I do not live in D.R. I visit for about 3-4 months total for the year. We have been seeing each other long distance for 5 years and I simply spend a few months there out of the year. We rent an apartment in Verón at this moment. She pays for the internet and a portion of the rent. She also has a steady job in currency exchange at a company in PC. I have decided to the fiancé visa thing since I have been married before and not too hesitant to go down that road again. For the most part we get along fine, but she can be a bit impulsive and does not always take the time to think things through. No sort of planning. I do not know if it is just cultural thing or what, but I have noticed for the most part they just react and not often think of their actions. I hope this answers most questions.  There are no kids by either one of us, and I did not meet her at a resort. I met her through acquaintances. Thanks again

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superpana View Post
    I visit for about 3-4 months total for the year.  I simply spend a few months there out of the year.
    As I said , go with your instincts ....but I would say that there is a big difference between living here and visiting for 3-4 months per year .
    The thing about DR is that sometimes you only get to see the whole picture ( and people's true cololurs) when things go wrong .

You are right for not wanting to part with your money too easily . Speaks volumes if she doesn't agree with this approach IMO . When in doubt ask yourself "what would a Dominican do ?" ...and you might have the answers right in front of you . 

4. Likes Superpana liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

8 to 10 grand is the price of a second-hand car here so hardly a life changing amount.
    It's always a good idea when putting money into a foreign country to only put in what you can afford to walk away from.
    You would probably be better off getting something already built if you want to go down that road, but as many have already mentioned,considering your partner as a viable source of trust and advice is a path laden with many pitfalls.If you don't need local financing, anything can be put directly into your name anyway.It is not required to be a resident or citizen.

6. Likes Superpana liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Superpana trust me she has a boyfriends, and you will lose your money... its life here... It's a game they play how much money can i get from the gringo.. how times was it her birthday this past year? she need money to help her family..
    Etc Etc etc when you are not here she is drinking on the corner with her boyfriend

Don't mean to sound harsh but its the reality here..... did you buy her a paso yet?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Is he some kind of idol for you? Express your own opinion please, much nicer.
    He actually is an idol for many on DR1. Not myself, I thought he was a loon.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! I would like to know if anyone has any info in an area known as Ciudad del Sol in Verón Punta Cana? It is a community similar to Pueblo Bavaro, but much newer and cleaner.  I'm interested in perhaps purchasing an apartment in the community, but seen as how Pueblo Bavaro started off as a great community and later on detiorated somewhat, I'm skeptical of investing in real estate in D.R. The constant scams and corruptions Cases I read about in the local newspapers does not excite me about investing.

I figured the forum would be a good place to get advice.  As an American I like to be thorough about investing my money, which seems to be not a good trait surprisingly to my Dominican girlfriend, she says I need to much before investing.  When did doing your homework become such a bad thing? I simply explained to her that making an informed desicion is the good old American away in order to avoid the old: A fool and his money shall soon part! There is also land plots for sale for about $5,000 to 10,000 U.S. In another undeveloped area in Bavaro which she says she could probably get financing for, but wants me to invest with her.  She says that on a $5,000 plot, financing would work out to be about $150.00 U.S. Monthly for 8 years, but seen that we are not married and she would be the one qualifying for the financing, how would I fit into this deal if we decide to purchase together?
          I don't want to be on the hook for something that if we break up or loses her job will come back to bite me or completely pay for and then have to share.  We have been together 5 years, but simply don't feel comfortable doing these types of deals when there are so many unknowns. Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Veron? STAY AWAY...far far far away🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Being cautious is good advice, but since you don't personally know this women, and nothing the OP has said indicates that she is dangerous you are presuming too much.

"Being cautious"?  Dude..have You ever been to Veron?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can't you explain to me ignorant o whats going on there?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer a few questions. First and foremost. Thanks to everyone for taking time out to respond. Ok here are the answers. No I do not live in D.R. I visit for about 3-4 months total for the year. We have been seeing each other long distance for 5 years and I simply spend a few months there out of the year. We rent an apartment in Verón at this moment. She pays for the internet and a portion of the rent. She also has a steady job in currency exchange at a company in PC. I have decided to the fiancé visa thing since I have been married before and not too hesitant to go down that road again. For the most part we get along fine, but she can be a bit impulsive and does not always take the time to think things through. No sort of planning. I do not know if it is just cultural thing or what, but I have noticed for the most part they just react and not often think of their actions. I hope this answers most questions.  There are no kids by either one of us, and I did not meet her at a resort. I met her through acquaintances. Thanks again

So you have lived in Veron (ugh) ... then You get what you deserve.  Why did you even put this on our forum?  To me complete waste of our time and intelligence in trying to give you our sincerest advice.  👇👎

13. Dislikes AlterEgo disliked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast