Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: man arrested for assaulting 2 canadian women in BC

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Really? That's your defense for robbery and rape. I can just imagine you in front of a judge. "Well golly your honor, she had a cocktail, said hello to me, and smiled. So you know she was asking for it".

Go back to you cave. You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to defend a sexual assault.
    Well ****, she probably had on shorts, must have been "asking for it" I can't believe anyone thinks that way in 2017

2. Likes melphis, frank12, irishpaddy liked this post
    Dislikes southern, sanpedrogringo disliked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Two points:
    1. I was in Juan Dolio this afternoon, and even Dominicans are nervous about the violence that is occurring in Boca Chica right now. I've never been a fan of the place, but to hear locals (men and women) saying that they won't go near there is telling.
    2. Dislike it all you want, but there is something more to this story involving the Canadian tourist women, than is being reported. None of the locals I have spoken to have heard of the incident (word travels fast), and I do have to agree with Southern that it is kind of odd that the administrator/manager of an aparta/hotel would jeopardize his job for ripping off a few dollars, and some cheap thrills. The guy is 29 years old with a good job. Why would he jeopardize that? To chase around a 50 and 44 year old? While one was supposedly being attacked, where was the other? Like I said, dislike it all you want, but something isn't right with the story. Wouldn't be the first time.

4. Likes southern, bigbird, cavok, CristoRey, Garyexpat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    ...............The guy is 29 years old with a good job. Why would he jeopardize that? To chase around a 50 and 44 year old? While one was supposedly being attacked, where was the other? Like I said, dislike it all you want, but something isn't right with the story. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Exactly, plus only one side of the story has been reported.

There have been a few other "tourist tale" threads on dr1 only to be closed until further information was available. Guess what? No further information was ever available.

On a side note I don't recall anywhere where southern said "the women asked for it" or something like that. I only recall southern saiying he will hold his judgement until the rest of the story comes out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Exactly, plus only one side of the story has been reported.

There have been a few other "tourist tale" threads on dr1 only to be closed until further information was available. Guess what? No further information was ever available.

On a side note I don't recall anywhere where southern said "the women asked for it" or something like that. I only recall southern saiying he will hold his judgement until the rest of the story comes out.
    "Hold his judgment"....lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Bosch View Post
    "Hold his judgment"....lol
    you know what I mean, LOL. by the time I caught it, it was too late to edit........ oh well

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Looked for a follow up article and couldn't find one, shocker. Guess they got the discounted room they wanted.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow up article in today's DR1 news
    Manager arrested 

10. Likes dulce liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    Is this the same incident?

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/06/03/se...inican-resort/

It is from the beginning of June.
    Not the same incident. Your link was for an incident reported in a Punta Cana resort, with a possible second victim. This one was in Boca Chica in an aparta/hotel.

12. Likes ramesses liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Follow up article in today's DR1 news
    Manager arrested 
    This wasn't a follow up to the case, but rather an English translation from a spanish language website which copied the text of the original report from Diario Libre word for word, as mentioned in the OP.

14. Likes bigbird, Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of guys that will risk their job (and freedom), to commit a sexual assault. It happens all the time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves, anyone who posts it here is lying to us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast