Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: man arrested for assaulting 2 canadian women in BC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wuarhat View Post
    There are plenty of guys that will risk their job (and freedom), to commit a sexual assault. It happens all the time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves, anyone who posts it here is lying to us.
    ....but they don't do it at their place of employment where the so called victim can identify them.

2. Likes sanpedrogringo, Garyexpat liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no reason to lie to anybody. If the person is guilty, let him rot in hell. I would never make any excuses for a sexual deviant or predator. All I am stating is that there seems to be holes within this story, as there frequently are with similar stories that relate to tourists. Not just here in the Dominican Republic, but worldwide as well. Femicide, the killing of women here in the Dominican Republic, is a horrific tragedy, but widely reported, and there have been attempts by the government to address it...successful or not. Robberies and sexual violence against female tourists here in the Dominican Republic are not as common as some would have you believe. After the facts are released, MANY of these stories just go away with out any follow ups or convictions. Many times the original report is created to cover up some other embarrassing facts, that only become embarrassing once revealed to others. Again, IF the guy is guilty, let him rot in hell.

4. Likes southern, pelaut, Garyexpat liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

In the same manner that I will not state that these women are lying, I will not state that this man is guilty, and should be taken out back and hung, stoned, and burned.....until ALL the facts have been released. Two paragraphs are not enough to condemn this man, especially with the history of frequent false reporting of such incidents by tourists.

6. Likes southern, pelaut, Garyexpat liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some food for thought:
    Yesterday, I had lunch in Juan Dolio. While eating at a table, a tourist came in, walked up to the bar, and ordered a drink. He then began complaining to all within earshot that the maid in his aparta/hotel stole his watch. The bartender than handed the man a plastic bag containing his watch, which he had left in the restaurant's bathroom the night before while he was drunk off his rear end. Unfortunately, this happens frequently. If the guy wasn't such a drunk, and needed to wake up with a drink, he probably would have informed the hotel management, then the police, and the maid would have been arrested, fired, and publicly humiliated. For what? The words of a drunk who takes off his watch when he uses the bathroom.

8. Likes rfp, ExDR, CristoRey, Garyexpat, sepahunt22 liked this post
    On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    Just some food for thought:
    Yesterday, I had lunch in Juan Dolio. While eating at a table, a tourist came in, walked up to the bar, and ordered a drink. He then began complaining to all within earshot that the maid in his aparta/hotel stole his watch. The bartender than handed the man a plastic bag containing his watch, which he had left in the restaurant's bathroom the night before while he was drunk off his rear end. Unfortunately, this happens frequently. If the guy wasn't such a drunk, and needed to wake up with a drink, he probably would have informed the hotel management, then the police, and the maid would have been arrested, fired, and publicly humiliated. For what? The words of a drunk who takes off his watch when he uses the bathroom.
    wow, what a coincidence Lucky guy

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good points sanpedro.More often than not there are other factors, alcohol , a vacation romance that soured because promises and expectations were not met. Landing a administrative job at a hotel is a coveted position here. The employee likely has family depending on his income. It is very unlikely he is going to jeopardize his meal ticket for a quickey from a foreign tourist. Now if it happened in a night club and they said they just met the guy OK possible. Could be wrong but I bet this will fizzle out just like these vacation romances do with senior sanky

11. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    ....but they don't do it at their place of employment where the so called victim can identify them.
    There is another thread here, with a very similar title coincidentally, about a hospital worker in Sosua attempting to rape a patient. So yes they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    I have no reason to lie to anybody. If the person is guilty, let him rot in hell. I would never make any excuses for a sexual deviant or predator. All I am stating is that there seems to be holes within this story, as there frequently are with similar stories that relate to tourists. Not just here in the Dominican Republic, but worldwide as well. Femicide, the killing of women here in the Dominican Republic, is a horrific tragedy, but widely reported, and there have been attempts by the government to address it...successful or not. Robberies and sexual violence against female tourists here in the Dominican Republic are not as common as some would have you believe. After the facts are released, MANY of these stories just go away with out any follow ups or convictions. Many times the original report is created to cover up some other embarrassing facts, that only become embarrassing once revealed to others. Again, IF the guy is guilty, let him rot in hell.
    Anybody who expects to read any story in a Dominican newspaper without a few holes in it is asking for too much.

13. Likes IslandDreaming, sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of guys that will risk their job (and freedom), to commit a sexual assault. It happens all the time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves, anyone who posts it here is lying to us.

Like who (m) ????

Bill Cosby......??

15. Likes dulce, caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

....Anybody who expects to read any story in a Dominican newspaper without a few holes in it is asking for too much.
    Here is the swiss cheese article as posted in the newspapaper.

Apart-hotel manager is lead suspect in Canadian tourist robbery

The Police arrested on Saturday, 29-year old Yoshua Rafael Alvarez Ortega, the manager of an apart-hotel where two Canadians were staying in Boca Chica. The man is accused of robbery and attempted rape against one of the victims. The Police said the women were 50 and 44 years old, but their names are omitted to protect their identity. As reported, the manager entered their apartment and stole $175 Canadian dollars and US$150 dollars, and one of the women was able to stop the sexual assault. The Police say that the investigation continues.

https://www.metrord.do/do/destacado/...anadiense.html

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How anyone can come up with a guilty verdict based upon that little bit of information is beyond me. I believe there are always two sides to a story and somewhere in between is the truth.

18. Likes sanpedrogringo, southern liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast