man arrested for assaulting 2 canadian women in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Guess they didn't pay him enough.

Well if I ever read a story that a woman that you cared about whether it be your wife, sister, mother, etc was robbed and sexually assaulted that the people around them have more compassion than you.
I thought the stone age mentality of "they asked for it" was behind us.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Well if I ever read a story that a woman that you cared about whether it be your wife, sister, mother, etc was robbed and sexually assaulted that the people around them have more compassion than you.
I thought the stone age mentality of "they asked for it" was behind us.

Yea, until the rest of the story comes out. Bet alcohol was involved and a little flirting and besos. Unlikely a guy is going to risk a good job at a hotel for a few hundred dollars.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Yea, until the rest of the story comes out. Bet alcohol was involved and a little flirting and besos. Unlikely a guy is going to risk a good job at a hotel for a few hundred dollars.

Really? That's your defense for robbery and rape. I can just imagine you in front of a judge. "Well golly your honor, she had a cocktail, said hello to me, and smiled. So you know she was asking for it".

Go back to you cave. You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to defend a sexual assault.

Last edited:

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Really? That's your defense for robbery and rape. I can just imagine you in front of a judge. "Well golly your honor, she had a cocktail, said hello to me, and smiled. So you know she was asking for it".

Go back to you cave. You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to defend a sexual assault.

Alagations sweetheart, that's all they are. I have been here long enough to see the tall tales that tourists will tell when thier husbands, wife's girl/boyfriends get involved and when the woman start feeling fuzzy because they saw Juan's six pack abs. The police are often times backed into a corner and forced to act no matter the evidence.

May 5, 2007

Well ****, she probably had on shorts, must have been "asking for it" I can't believe anyone thinks that way in 2017 :mad:

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Two points:
1. I was in Juan Dolio this afternoon, and even Dominicans are nervous about the violence that is occurring in Boca Chica right now. I've never been a fan of the place, but to hear locals (men and women) saying that they won't go near there is telling.
2. Dislike it all you want, but there is something more to this story involving the Canadian tourist women, than is being reported. None of the locals I have spoken to have heard of the incident (word travels fast), and I do have to agree with Southern that it is kind of odd that the administrator/manager of an aparta/hotel would jeopardize his job for ripping off a few dollars, and some cheap thrills. The guy is 29 years old with a good job. Why would he jeopardize that? To chase around a 50 and 44 year old? While one was supposedly being attacked, where was the other? Like I said, dislike it all you want, but something isn't right with the story. Wouldn't be the first time.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...............The guy is 29 years old with a good job. Why would he jeopardize that? To chase around a 50 and 44 year old? While one was supposedly being attacked, where was the other? Like I said, dislike it all you want, but something isn't right with the story. Wouldn't be the first time.

Exactly, plus only one side of the story has been reported.

There have been a few other "tourist tale" threads on dr1 only to be closed until further information was available. Guess what? No further information was ever available.

On a side note I don't recall anywhere where southern said "the women asked for it" or something like that. I only recall southern saiying he will hold his judgement until the rest of the story comes out.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Exactly, plus only one side of the story has been reported.

There have been a few other "tourist tale" threads on dr1 only to be closed until further information was available. Guess what? No further information was ever available.

On a side note I don't recall anywhere where southern said "the women asked for it" or something like that. I only recall southern saiying he will hold his judgement until the rest of the story comes out.

"Hold his judgment"....lol

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Looked for a follow up article and couldn't find one, shocker. Guess they got the discounted room they wanted.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Follow up article in today's DR1 news
Manager arrested 

This wasn't a follow up to the case, but rather an English translation from a spanish language website which copied the text of the original report from Diario Libre word for word, as mentioned in the OP.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
There are plenty of guys that will risk their job (and freedom), to commit a sexual assault. It happens all the time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves, anyone who posts it here is lying to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.