Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Sanky Panky

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Africaida, looks like you answered my question. 

2. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    Africaida, looks like you answered my question. 
    Haitian slightly sounds like they could be French in their accent to my native French ears, but Dominican are experts because I never get mistaken for Haitians despite my accent. To my surprise, they say my accent sounds different.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No exceptional journalism or anything new here.
    Who is this supposed journalistc obscure group?

Peoples interest in sex and money is found world wide, in many forms.

Why bother with this dribble? 

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mofongoloco View Post
    THe attached article includes a short video.  If anyone views it would you please comment on the accent of the guy with the braids.
    There are dreads Mofo.

I noticed that Sanky have higher percentage of dreads and braids than the rest of men in DR (besides may be artists), I always wondered why...

6. Likes greydread, sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    It s interesting that in this article they solely focus on men Sanky. Where as, in my experience, solely based in LT, there are fare more women buscando etrangeros than men.

Even among the non- pros, that is the ones who don't hang out nightly in discoteca (where women far outweigh guys trying to score a gringa/o), at some point or others, I get the unavoidable "trae me un gringo, me quiero ir pa' fuera". I know a Woman Sanky for example, whose 2 daughters do the same (one is now in Italy). Don't think I know of a guy whose dad was also a sanky. Heck, I have seen Dominican men picking up their esposa from the discoteca after an unsuccessful night I suppose (both couples I "know"*, have kids together).

In any case, the Haitiano in the video has the classic case of self hatred issue.

*Not my friends, but LT is small and with Dominican gossiping so active, I get to know everyone's business

Last thing, the haitiano is playing himself, Sanky (men) are looked down upon, even though people might envy the material things he gets. No one wants to be in his shoes.
    Yes there are sankettes as well but for the most part the women have no problem excepting what they are "play for pay" where men do not like the dreaded word prostitute or heaven forbid a sankie. Men would rather a woman fall in love and take them away. This is what I've learnt from years of preaching the gospel in Mars Venus. ;
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

8. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons they are looked down upon is because the concept is archaic, and there are guys still trying to make it work. It's like seeing the 80 year old wearing the banana hammock on the beach, or the guy that shows up to that beach with knee length black socks. At first sight, it makes you chuckle. For today's generation there are tons of more lucrative scams, whether they be 'catfishes' on social media or just plain pimps. The creeps still make their money off the women, but yet can sit home with a full stomach, bottle of Johnny Walker Black, hookah pipe, and their video game console. The game has changed, but exists in a very different manner today in 2017.
    As far as the dreads, from the people I see that still have them, it's usually due to poor hygeine.

10. Likes cbmitch9, southern liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default off topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by sanpedrogringo View Post
    One of the reasons they are looked down upon is because the concept is archaic, and there are guys still trying to make it work. It's like seeing the 80 year old wearing the banana hammock on the beach, or the guy that shows up to that beach with knee length black socks. At first sight, it makes you chuckle. For today's generation there are tons of more lucrative scams, whether they be 'catfishes' on social media or just plain pimps. The creeps still make their money off the women, but yet can sit home with a full stomach, bottle of Johnny Walker Black, hooka pipe, and their video game console. The game has changed, but exists in a very different manner today in 2017.
    As far as the dreads, from the people I see that still have them, it's usually due to poor hygeine.
    Not at all, many spent a crazy amount of time twisting them to shape them, it s actually a lot of work, it s just a hairstyles (we are not taking about the one that has 3 trunks on the head), I have seen Dominicans with dreads at the barbershop many times (both in NYC and DR).

I love infractions!
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the people that play the old time sanky role, are the motoconchos, taxi drivers, and believe it or not, karaoke hosts. These are the types that are chasing women 40+ here, at least on the south coast. The only four that I have seen playing the "true sanky" role of working on the beach or within the animation group of a hotel were all Haitian, and they were in Juan Dolio at the time. They bounce from hotel job to hotel job all together. I believe they are in Bavaro now, as their act wore thin here. Kind of like the Michael Jackson after dinner show.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

"Boca Chica is a popular destination, located more than 37 kilometers from Santo Domingo. Together with Juan Dolio has an average annual occupancy rate of tourist establishments of 69, according to a database of the Central Bank. In high season, it has surpassed 91, becoming equal to Bavaro-Punta Cana and La Romana-Bayahibe."
    This quote from the article is simply not true, which leads me to question the integrity of the rest of the piece. Maybe if it was written 20 years ago, but not today, on all accounts within the piece.
    what part is untrue about the quote??

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons they are looked down upon is because the concept is archaic, and there are guys still trying to make it work.
    Not really. That "archaic" game is in full effect every weekend wherever tourists gather. Using apps and whatnot may be a new wrinkle, but the fabric is the same.

It's like seeing the 80 year old wearing the banana hammock on the beach, or the guy that shows up to that beach with knee length black socks. At first sight, it makes you chuckle.
    I think the important thing to remember is these folks are offering a service. Really, it's no different from the motoconcho or the person serving your meals. A sanky/sankiette is trying their best to make you enjoy your trip by creating the fantasy that, yes, you're older and overweight, can't dance or really speak the language, but despite all that (and the fact they look like a dancer from "Despacito"), they just can't resist your charms.

There IS laughter, but it's much louder than anything you might be doing.

It's "hygiene." And properly-maintained locks have been a fashion style around the world for about 4,000 years. 
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

15. Likes greydread, AlterEgo, jstarebel, Bronxboy liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast