Men who seek under age women/disgraceful.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
“Attorney General calls for full weight of the law for those having sex with minors.”

“Attorney General Jean Alain Rodriguez called for Dominican prosecutors to be drastic in applying Law 136-03 that protects the rights of Boys, Girls and Teenagers against adults found to have had sexual relations of any kind with them.

Rodriguez expressed his indignation with how commonplace pregnancies of young girls in the country. The recommendation to the prosecutors is in order No. 03004. “As a father I am alarmed at what is happening in our country. Every day, more
girls and teenagers are seduced by irresponsible adult men resulting in pregnancies and bringing children into the world, that for no fault of their own, will suffer the devastating consequences of an absentee father,” said the attorney general.”

This here is something that bothers me a lot when it comes to the attitude of 'some' Dominican men towards under age females. It's like an accomplishment of some sort if one can manage to sleep with one of them. And it appears at times that some even celebrate it. I can't think of anything more degrading that this. It is also sad that even songs talk about this with the term 'la menor' and everything else that to me is very demeaning. These men have no shame and, personally, I think they are sick. These men should be locked up in my humble opinion.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Under age women is an oxymoron. They're children. I wish him luck.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
“Attorney General calls for full weight of the law for those having sex with minors.”

“Attorney General Jean Alain Rodriguez called for Dominican prosecutors to be drastic in applying Law 136-03 that protects the rights of Boys, Girls and Teenagers against adults found to have had sexual relations of any kind with them.

Rodriguez expressed his indignation with how commonplace pregnancies of young girls in the country. The recommendation to the prosecutors is in order No. 03004. “As a father I am alarmed at what is happening in our country. Every day, more
girls and teenagers are seduced by irresponsible adult men resulting in pregnancies and bringing children into the world, that for no fault of their own, will suffer the devastating consequences of an absentee father,” said the attorney general.”

This here is something that bothers me a lot when it comes to the attitude of 'some' Dominican men towards under age females. It's like an accomplishment of some sort if one can manage to sleep with one of them. And it appears at times that some even celebrate it. I can't think of anything more degrading that this. It is also sad that even songs talk about this with the term 'la menor' and everything else that to me is very demeaning. These men have no shame and, personally, I think they are sick. These men should be locked up in my humble opinion.

It's very noble that you are defending the DR.
You will have to defend them, against themselves.
I highly doubt that you will see a reduction of teenage pregnancies in the DR in the coming years.
I also doubt that the unusually high number of C sections will be reduced.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
It all starts with the old school upbringing and breeding of the kids. Study, lunch/supper together as a family, at home at a certain hour and ! an open and frank conversation with the parents. But we are far away from that. Muchachas impressed by jeepetas and billetes with no orientation at home...,

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Thing is, male teenagers are impregnating teenage girls also.....I believe in larger numbers than adult to minors....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thing is, male teenagers are impregnating teenage girls also.....I believe in larger numbers than adult to minors....

Been living in the campo for over 2 years and in this short period of time have seen at least 6 different girls between the ages of 12-15 walking around pregnant. Everybody gossips here and every single girl has become pregnant by a boyfriend under the age of 18. I witnessed one incident where a 14 year old was being scolded by her aunt and grandmother and this girl grabbed her crotch and told them, this belongs to me, and I will do whatever I want with it. This was a year ago and she now has a baby living in Yaqi with her now 17 yr old boyfriend. I have not heard of one case of a young girl getting pregnant by a male 18 or over.
And, do they ever gossip here.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
comments on the articles on the subject frequently mention that the teens are willing and enthusiastic participants here. es mas facil a planchar sabanas con la espalda que con la plancha, as my maid used to say (easier to iron the bed sheets with the back than with an iron). the problem is not the men who take advantage of the girls. the problem is the girls who make themselves available because it's a better choice than getting education and/or a job. and honestly, seeing the poverty and desperation some of the dominicans live in i can see where it comes from. prosecution of the parties involved will not change the mentality and reality that forces such decisions. and in a great scheme of things this is really a minor problem for the dominican republic in comparison to inadequate infrastructure, poor public health system, damage to the environment and natural resources, lack of education, crime, corruption and so on.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You get dv8

unfortunately many here cannot fathom the desperate levels of boredom and feelings of being 'trapped' in the country.
There is no light at the end of the tunnel for many....
Sad circumstances for sure.

As I have said before ...
Sex here is a commodity..... and a diversion... simply passing a dull day/afternoon.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
comments on the articles on the subject frequently mention that the teens are willing and enthusiastic participants here. es mas facil a planchar sabanas con la espalda que con la plancha, as my maid used to say (easier to iron the bed sheets with the back than with an iron). the problem is not the men who take advantage of the girls. the problem is the girls who make themselves available because it's a better choice than getting education and/or a job. and honestly, seeing the poverty and desperation some of the dominicans live in i can see where it comes from. prosecution of the parties involved will not change the mentality and reality that forces such decisions. and in a great scheme of things this is really a minor problem for the dominican republic in comparison to inadequate infrastructure, poor public health system, damage to the environment and natural resources, lack of education, crime, corruption and so on.

Yup.  Govt here cares 0 about these real issues.  It is the government that needs to change.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

Here you are blaming the victim. Poor man he cannot help it it was the woman's fault she enticed him into it!
Der Fish

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
And?......
What a remark?  Defending these creatures?

It never ceases to amaze me the BS some posters interpret or wish they could extract from another persons post. I guess it tells us more about you, than it does about me.

Moving on...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

This is true in most cases, although many Dominican women are quick to dump their barrio love for a better financial prospect, age not important. These are grown women, so whom do you think the younger ones imitate. Mothers even encourage them. Poverty plays a major role, but so does greed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
This is true in most cases, although many Dominican women are quick to dump their barrio love for a better financial prospect, age not important. These are grown women, so whom do you think the younger ones imitate. Mothers even encourage them. Poverty plays a major role, but so does greed.

yes. but the source of it runs deep. teens bone like there's no tomorrow in any country, really. but actively choosing older partners to provide and protect is something else entirely. it's poverty, greed, desperation, lack of self awareness and not putting any value on yourself as a person.