Spankies Larry

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Larry passed last night, god bless that curmudgeon. He will always be in my mind. I swear...the ghost of Larry will bump around for years. Hell of a thing crying. I never thought I was the crying type.
RIP Larry.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A fixture personified here in Sosua who will be missed by many. Condolences to family, friends and patrons of Spanky's.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Larry passed last night, god bless that curmudgeon. He will always be in my mind. I swear...the ghost of Larry will bump around for years. Hell of a thing crying. I never thought I was the crying type.
RIP Larry.

He was a very good friend.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
did not know the larry but if joe liked him then he must have been a great man, bless him. may he rest in peace.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Larry was a cool guy. I will miss seeing him on my trips to Spanky's.

I have to tell this Larry story from about 2 weeks ago when I was up in Sosua. Larry who as you who knew him opened every morning managed the bar on the day shift. Well, last week mid day I hear Larry say he cut back his hours so his shift was over. He then proceeded to leave his seat at the inside of the bar, walk around to the outside of the bar and take a seat (as a "customer") exactly opposite where he was just sitting on the inside of the bar. I got a real kick out of that.
God bless you Larry and I pray for strength for his family and those that cared about him.

WillyYummm

Aug 11, 2017
Gonna Miss you Larry my heart is aching! Rest in Peace. I guess you already know I have your T-Shirts, Underwear and Keens Hot Mustard already packed for my next trip down. :cry:

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
Good Friend

RIP Larry.

Larry made the strongest drink in Sosua every time I when to Sosua I would bring hats and T-shirts for him I love Larry he will be Missed.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I first met Larry when he had his own bar Lorenzos, and when that closed he managed the campo bar. Gary must be taking it pretty hard and a lot of others as well, gonna miss his stories. RIP

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Larry was a character that is for sure! He existed with no cell phone or home phone...no computer or social media but when you came in the bar he could tell you who was coming into town and when! Larry enjoyed his hot spicy food whether it was hot smoked curry on food or hot mustard or Tamas' hot sauce on a dorito or Maria's corn chip!

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Larry also loved playing the lotteria there and I remember one funny story. I used to frequent the Campo Bar about 7 am every morning as that is when he would open up. He would have a cold presidente ready for me and we would talk about life and solving the problems of the world! Well Larry always asked me if I had seen the lotto #'s posted on my walk to the Bar. One day I told him the 3 numbers and he stopped what he was doing and was visibly shaking and asked me to repeat the numbers! Then he asked me if I was sure...I said "I think so!" Anyway larry had put down a chunk on the 2 number quinella pele and 2 of the #'s I told him came in 1st and 2nd. I immediately exited the bar to confirm what I had seen and thank goodness I was right. Larry bought a big deli meat slicer with part of those winnings the same kind used in the grocery stores!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
RIP Larry. I will miss you and your stories. Sorry I did not make it down this year. I will miss you when I get there.