Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone From US

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    Thanks for great responses. My s8 is AT&T. If I unlock the phone and install an Orange or Claro or Viva sim card, will it work?
    I have S7, T-mobile gave me the unlock code, I use it with Orange. I had an HTC with At&T and I had it unlocked in DR for about 1000 pesos, used it with both Claro and Orange.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post

Webpage is not wupdated Viva has already 3G and end of this month LTE

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If u have good wifi internet do u really need the hassle of getting claro or orange number ? I find I can do everything I need w Google phone, Whatsapp Facebook .

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no way my Mother can handle anything other than dialing 11 digits on her landline phone. She like others could not cope with downloading apps, updating an OS, privacy issues etc. I don't believe in using google services as that company is one of the evil 10.

For some, your solution is indeed workable. I rely on my phone to be able to summon help should I need it when out and about and ATVing in the campo. I can't always assume I'll have a cell signal, but I am usually able to find one or the other. An cell signal being available in more places than free wifi of a quality high enough to support good voice communications.

5. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What is a typical data plan look like for Claro, Viva and Orange? How many gigs of data and what is the cost? Thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

What about a Global plan w/ AT&T to get your feet wet ?

I use T-Mobile Global and it's the same as buying minutes from CLARO

About 20 cents a minute.... I use wi-fi for most calling

8. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have what is known as a Claro International Plan. This is a new plan where all roaming including Data is free in the US, all of North America, most of Latin America, and parts of Europe. In other words I use the phone in Miami the same as if I was in the DR. Also all Claro to Claro calls are free. They do not come off your minutes.

So if you are in the US for example and call someone in the DR that has a Claro cell the call is free.

i have had this plan only since July and have never been billed for any roaming.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like a mirror image of the TMobile plan.... free Us Canada and Mexico...voice and data.
    Mine is US based yours is DR based 

Moderator - Central Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    I have what is known as a Claro International Plan. This is a new plan where all roaming including Data is free in the US, all of North America, most of Latin America, and parts of Europe. In other words I use the phone in Miami the same as if I was in the DR. Also all Claro to Claro calls are free. They do not come off your minutes.

So if you are in the US for example and call someone in the DR that has a Claro cell the call is free.

i have had this plan only since July and have never been billed for any roaming.
    How much?
    ..........Moderator

The Clown Bin / Central

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a good site for accurate and up-to-date frequency information on carriers and phones:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast