New Membership Status?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
We were newbies, regulars, bronze, silver, gold, platinum and banned, but I see that someone has now qualified as an 'I love infractions!' member.

British sarcasm at it's best?

Last edited:

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
We were newbies, regulars, bronze, silver, gold, platinum and banned, but I see that someone has now qualified as an 'I love infractions!' member.

There is another guy who has been marked "On a VERY short thread" for maybe a year, and every once in a while someone will be marked "Sin Bin"

May 5, 2007
There is another guy who has been marked "On a VERY short thread" for maybe a year, and every once in a while someone will be marked "Sin Bin"

Don't be messin with my thread, I hope to get in lengthened before it snaps Seriously, the forum administrator can and has placed different "tag lines" for exceptional posters :classic: or just those they feel the need to shame The bronze/silver/gold/platinum pertains tot he number of posts you have made

May 5, 2007

Sorry, initially replied to wrong post The forum administrator can and has placed different "tag lines" for exceptional posters or just those they feel the need to shame The bronze/silver/gold/platinum pertains tot he number of posts you have made

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Yes, that poster is no longer with us due to the multipe infractions and 1 or 2 other issues.

These are added by me normally based on the posters history etc.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Yes, that poster is no longer with us due to the multipe infractions and 1 or 2 other issues.

These are added by me normally based on the posters history etc.

So the only person ever to annoy me so much and to be put on my until then unused ignore list is no more. How many dislikes did he give me? He certainly shared them around in his time with us. Nearly one dislike shared around for every six of his posts, which exemplified what he thought about many of us with differing viewpoints.

For the success of a community like this, and specifically one focused on a particular country, one needs people willing and comfortable to share views objectively and informatively especially on all things Dominican. The majority of posters tend to be reserved and post on things that concern or interest them but will refrain from comment if there are those that lurk to find a post to have a dig at them or their post.

I wonder when we will get back to daily postings on the informative, positive and real issues in DR...if ever?

He reminded me of mongoose777.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So the only person ever to annoy me so much and to be put on my until then unused ignore list is no more. How many dislikes did he give me? He certainly shared them around in his time with us. Nearly one dislike shared around for every six of his posts, which exemplified what he thought about many of us with differing viewpoints.

For the success of a community like this, and specifically one focused on a particular country, one needs people willing and comfortable to share views objectively and informatively especially on all things Dominican. The majority of posters tend to be reserved and post on things that concern or interest them but will refrain from comment if there are those that lurk to find a post to have a dig at them or their post.

I wonder when we will get back to daily postings on the informative, positive and real issues in DR...if ever?

He gave more likes than dislikes, except perhaps to you.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

The board is only as good as it's posters.

Why don't you start the ball rolling :)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
IMO it is sad when one (Robert, mods) has to threaten infractions or ban someone in order to get someone to check their behavior. How hard is it to act like a adult and be respectful. It is a forum for discussion, trading ideas, etc...not to belittle someone because they do not share the same ideas, etc...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There are all sorts of examples where self discipline has failed and imposed discipline is needed.

I guess DR 1 is one of those 

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
IMO it is sad when one (Robert, mods) has to threaten infractions or ban someone in order to get someone to check their behavior. How hard is it to act like a adult and be respectful. It is a forum for discussion, trading ideas, etc...not to belittle someone because they do not share the same ideas, etc...

Simply apply the rules equally and mods refrain from making snid remarks that inflamme rather than calm situation down would be a start.