Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Membership Status?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Forget #7 please..
    Sure, but no guarantee you will get it. It could well be a request you regret

2. Likes dulce liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy being silver. It matches my hair color.

4. Likes keepcoming liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yes, that poster is no longer with us due to the multipe infractions and 1 or 2 other issues.

These are added by me normally based on the posters history etc.
    So the only person ever to annoy me so much and to be put on my until then unused ignore list is no more. How many dislikes did he give me? He certainly shared them around in his time with us. Nearly one dislike shared around for every six of his posts, which exemplified what he thought about many of us with differing viewpoints.

For the success of a community like this, and specifically one focused on a particular country, one needs people willing and comfortable to share views objectively and informatively especially on all things Dominican. The majority of posters tend to be reserved and post on things that concern or interest them but will refrain from comment if there are those that lurk to find a post to have a dig at them or their post.

I wonder when we will get back to daily postings on the informative, positive and real issues in DR...if ever?

He reminded me of mongoose777.

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yes, that poster is no longer with us due to the multipe infractions and 1 or 2 other issues.

These are added by me normally based on the posters history etc.
    I guess the truth doesn't set you free.

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    So the only person ever to annoy me so much and to be put on my until then unused ignore list is no more. How many dislikes did he give me? He certainly shared them around in his time with us. Nearly one dislike shared around for every six of his posts, which exemplified what he thought about many of us with differing viewpoints.

For the success of a community like this, and specifically one focused on a particular country, one needs people willing and comfortable to share views objectively and informatively especially on all things Dominican. The majority of posters tend to be reserved and post on things that concern or interest them but will refrain from comment if there are those that lurk to find a post to have a dig at them or their post.

I wonder when we will get back to daily postings on the informative, positive and real issues in DR...if ever?

He gave more likes than dislikes, except perhaps to you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    He gave more likes than dislikes, except perhaps to you.
    Pandering doesn't hide the flaws.

9. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post

The board is only as good as it's posters.

Why don't you start the ball rolling

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO it is sad when one (Robert, mods) has to threaten infractions or ban someone in order to get someone to check their behavior. How hard is it to act like a adult and be respectful. It is a forum for discussion, trading ideas, etc...not to belittle someone because they do not share the same ideas, etc...

12. Likes AnnaC, jstarebel, drstock, Robert, JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are all sorts of examples where self discipline has failed and imposed discipline is needed.

I guess DR 1 is one of thoseĀ 

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    IMO it is sad when one (Robert, mods) has to threaten infractions or ban someone in order to get someone to check their behavior. How hard is it to act like a adult and be respectful. It is a forum for discussion, trading ideas, etc...not to belittle someone because they do not share the same ideas, etc...
    Simply apply the rules equally and mods refrain from making snid remarks that inflamme rather than calm situation down would be a start.

15. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast